Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 3:12:01 PM EDT
i have a pending deal to send a upper receiver to germany.  from everything i can tell this is legal as it isnt a regulated piece.  i have read a little on this but was wondering if anyone had an explanation of what is legal there and how this is determined.

i guess as much as i read and what im told im 99% sure i have everything but wanted to post this just so im content before shipping it out.

any help or a link is appreciatted.  im just trying to be extra cautious here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, it won't be a problem in Germany, but it will be a problem at your end
Mark
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
not sure what you mean a problem at my end.  i wont be able to ship it then?

also, what is AFAIK?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not without an export permit
I'm pretty sure the buyer in Germany will need a DSP-83 form from the State Dept.

AFAIK=As far as I know

Mark
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
any idea how i get this permit or is it something an individual cant obtain?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
AFAIK only FFL dealer can have the state export license (and it costs wonders).

I think you could send the upper to Germany via licensed exporter who would do the paperwork.

There is also some sort of "One time exception" license, however I don't know what it practically is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it depends a lot on who you are sending it to or if you want to take it for personal use.

The DSP 83 is an end-user declaration (I think I'm right in this) which requires the importer in Germany to declare who the part(s) are to be sold to, for what purpose they are to be used and also that they will not be exported to any other country.

There are many exporters in the States who will send it for you provided that they can get the export docs filed successfully. This will require some paperwork from the importer. I have used several exporters and all have required a letter of intent, proof of authority to possess and a valid import document, but so far I have not needed a DSP 83 ( I assume as I import for resale and cannot provide this info) but I know of several importers in the UK that have had problems with this form.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the help fellas.

i learned something here and also came to a solution for all parties to be happy.

i was worried some about what to do but its all fixed now.  thanks again
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#8]
In Germany, the barrel is a controlled part. This could create a problem if you are sending one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In Germany, the barrel is a controlled part. This could create a problem if you are sending one.

How are blanks considered (barrels without chambers or threading)? Are these gun parts or just so much steel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top