Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 7:17:17 PM EDT
The last engraver I used seems to have disappeared. There's a thread on him here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Albuquerque-Laser-Engraving-NFA-Engraving-Still-Open-/48-637538/

Ive decided to make/convert a few more lowers to SBRs before the ATF and Biden decide that all braces are evil and slams the door like the BATFE did on bump stocks. Only thing stopping them right now is this Texas Federal lawsuit by the Second Amendment Foundation, and others, which has a good rundown on the fuzzy status of firearm braces:

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Complaint.pdf

So I'm looking for someone local who can do NFA and other firearms engraving. Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there nobody doing this in ABQ? I may have to go to PHX to get some lowers engraved.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Rick Kennedy at Southwest Gun Tech does. He did my last few including my M249.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:
View Quote

Go on....
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

I'd listen to 99HMC4, he knows his shit, and knows all the other local people who know their shit...can't say I know SW Gun Tech because 99HMC4 has done the things I've needed lately.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I use two guys for all my laser work. Lee and Rick. Both solid guys and quality work. I’ve had them both work on some very expensive weapons of mine. Talk to both, I highly recommend both dudes.

If anyone wants Lee’s number, Pmags me. Here’s Ricks info

https://swguntech.com
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The Jeweler by ABQ guns does it, I set the time up and just chilled since my stamp was back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Albuquerque Laser Engraving Services.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Rick is good to go. He's a good friend of mine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RictusGrin:
View Quote

Ive tried getting ahold of him, he done most my F1s but he hasnt responded in a while. He back and running again?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NMShooter1776:

Ive tried getting ahold of him, he done most my F1s but he hasnt responded in a while. He back and running again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NMShooter1776:
Originally Posted By RictusGrin:

On Friday I saw some work she did the previous week, so I believe business is open.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
This really needs to be a sticky here in the NM home town forums. This question comes up ALL the time
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmguy23] [#13]
Originally Posted By fmj_shooter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fmj_shooter:

What is the turnaround time? I have a lower I need engraved with trust info. I form 1’d like 7 years ago an it got crammed in the back of safe. I ordered my upper to finish it (coming in Friday) an I just realized it wasn’t engraved. Is it like abq laser engraving was an you make an appointment an he will do it while you wait?

ETA: @fmj_shooter @99HMC4
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I found out The Recognition Place, 4770 Montgomery Blvd, bought Lee's laser (the guy on Cagua) and his files and is set up to do quality engraving, both for NFA and  also for completing other projects. Thomas is the guy there to talk to. He worked with me to get my HK clone lower engraved perfectly. And, the price was very reasonable. He also worked fairly quickly taking about a week.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I also do NFA engraving. $45.00
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:07:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SV650Squid] [#16]
I'm in the Alamogordo area (High Rolls, actually) and can do NFA engraving and cerakote (will be certified in August).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top