Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:59:53 PM EDT
I've got a week off, and intend to do some camping & a little shooting in the Ladrone Mountain area. I'm sort of familiar with the area east of the Rio Puerco but haven't ever been west of there. I think it is all BLM land, isn't it? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Frank

There is quite a bit of BLM land in that area.  It is one of my favorite rodent splattering areas. Farther West, there is a fence.  I was told by a BLM ranger that the owner doesn't like trespassers.  Just an FYI, there was a prescribed burn there last Friday, so don't be disappointed when you see a lot of black ground.

The Ladrones are home to some type of wild sheep(protected), so don't go blasting in the mountain area.  I've personally seen several Mountain Lions in those hills, also.

If you are into prospecting, there is quite a bit of color in the dirt, especially in the arroyos on the West side.  Also, the area East and North of that area is rich in fossils.  A great place to poke around after a good rain.

The PJs from Kirtland do a lot of training in that area, both day and night, so you won't be enjoying much peace and quiet.

Have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top