Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 3:39:35 PM EDT
I need a mini-y comp removed and a phantom installed. Anyone do this kind of work and guarantee not to screw it up. I don't want to ship off my upper. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you or someone you know has a drill press it's a pretty easy do it yourself job. Drill out the pins at 6 and 12 o' clock (take it slow and you'll do fine) unscrew the Y comp and slap on the Phantom. I thought we had a FFL/gunsmith from Hobbs that posted here but I can't recall his user name.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You're probably too far south for me (central NM), but if you aren't trying to save the mini-y comp, it should be fairly easy for anyone with a functioning brain to remove it  with a cut-off wheel without damaging the barrel.   I don't know how you're planning to attach the phantom so I won't comment on that.

I don't work on ARs for a living, but most anyone with a moderate amount of machining experience should be able to repair one.   They just aren't that complicated or difficult to work on, and the repair data is widely available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top