Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2021 6:27:24 PM EDT
The wife and I want out from Democrats & commies. We don’t like the Texas heat, ghetto people, illegals, or liberals. I don’t want to go where they will ban my ARs & high cap mags anytime soon.  We’d like 6 to 20 acres or more in Arkansas, Kentucky or W.Virginia. We want the woods, and prefer privacy without neighbors in our view. But we are in our 60’s, and while I'm in fairly good health it's best to have a hospital or med center in a city or town within say a 45 minute drive. I’d like to live in or around a small town of  5,000-20,000 or so. But I’d NOT feel comfortable in micro Towns of 200-1,000.
Can you guys think of any Arkansas towns that fit this description worth a visit during our road trip from Houston and thru Arkansas, Kentucky & WestVa?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Harrison
Mountain Home
Gravette
Pea Ridge
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say north central Arkansas for what you are looking for. I live in Pea Ridge and it is OK but, it is just a bedroom community for Bentonville and Rogers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. You've had me  studying the map to know what areas you speak of. Will continue to check this thread periodically for more input.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The northwest corner.  Washington and Benton counties are the economic engine of the state.

WalMart, Tyson, JB Hunt, are all headquartered here.

Look just outside of towns or look at Carroll or Madison or Newton  Counties depending on what price of land or how rural you want
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Eudora
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I know of a nice livable fixer upper that will be an awesome house. It has a large barn and two outbuildings on seven mostly fenced in acres. It has city water onsite and a well with a hand pump. Th owner is disabled and can't do the work. Otherwise he would fix it himself. It's located just south of Paris, Arkansas. You can sit on the front porch and see Mount MAGAzine. It's just a beautiful place.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't discount Southern Missouri along the border with Arkansas... land prices and taxes might be cheaper only 1/2 mile away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top