Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2016 9:42:55 AM EDT
Just done mine, and I'm getting back a laughable amount, as in maybe enough for a McDonalds breakfast.
Normally get a couple hundred back.
Nothing has changed in my status, and I made just a little more this year.
I guess I can't complain too much because they didn't take out as much as they did last year.
Anyway, did we get a new tax law or something?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just done mine, and I'm getting back a laughable amount, as in maybe enough for a McDonalds breakfast.
I guess I can't complain too much because they didn't take out as much as they did last year.
View Quote

seems to me that you answered your own question.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still, something has had to change.
I made 1 or 2k more, so they usually would take more.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless i misunderstand something: You made more money + the govt kept less withholding tax = smaller refund.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
What I understand, the state legislature was in the process of lowering the income tax rates in 2014, the new tax table was released in 2014 in anticipation of the rates being lowered on January 1, 2015, but the rate reduction was not passed until early 2015 and did not take effect until January 1, 2016.  So if your employer was using the table released in 2014 you had less held out than should have been held out. Next year you should be back to normal.

It got me pretty bad this year, I'm having to pay in about what I normally get back from the state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Get money back?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get money back?
View Quote

This!  I try to have mine set where I get or pay no more than $100.00.  I do not like giving interest free loans to the Fed or State government!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]
here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
My CPA told me that AR decreased withholding from their tables.  I'm getting money back, but it's smaller than usual.  But I pay way to much in taxes every year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What I understand, the state legislature was in the process of lowering the income tax rates in 2014, the new tax table was released in 2014 in anticipation of the rates being lowered on January 1, 2015, but the rate reduction was not passed until early 2015 and did not take effect until January 1, 2016.  So if your employer was using the table released in 2014 you had less held out than should have been held out. Next year you should be back to normal.

It got me pretty bad this year, I'm having to pay in about what I normally get back from the state.
View Quote

This.  And they sold it as some kind of tax cut.

Lowered the the percentages by 1% for each wage range.

I work in Arkansas and had to pay in (usually get a small refund).

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top