Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2020 1:40:15 PM EDT
Will be passing through NE in a few weeks and staying one night on my way to my final destination.  Have some questions on armed travel;

1.  Pistol - Concealed or is being visible ok?   I like to keep it clipped to the side of my center console when i am driving.
2. Long Gun - what are the rules when traveling with a long gun (AR)?  Loaded ok, visible, within reach, etc....

Those are my basic questions, but if you have more info that i might need, that would be great.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Concealed carry is lawful in NE as long as u have a NE ccw permit or one from a state NE has reciprocity with. The list is HERE

Also, Nebraska is a must inform state. If contacted by law enforcement, you must inform them of concealed weapons in the vehicle or on ur person.

Generally u want to transport firearms in the trunk, or if u dont have a trunk, in a case out of reach from the driver. Although in Nebraska only shotguns are not allowed to be loaded in a vehicle. Pistols are rifles are permitted.

More info on traveling thru HERE
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Concealed carry is lawful in NE as long as u have a NE ccw permit or one from a state NE has reciprocity with. The list is HERE

Also, Nebraska is a must inform state. If contacted by law enforcement, you must inform them of concealed weapons in the vehicle or on ur person.

Generally u want to transport firearms in the trunk, or if u dont have a trunk, in a case out of reach from the driver. Although in Nebraska only shotguns are not allowed to be loaded in a vehicle. Pistols are rifles are permitted.

More info on traveling thru HERE
View Quote

Thank you for the info and the links.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top