Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2010 10:02:32 PM EDT
100 yards is getting a little boring.

Need to stretch the legs if you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cap City in Topeka is 300 yards, the last 200 uphill (literally).

Millcreek has a 500 yard range, but only the 200/300 yard ranges are availbale all the time.

Both are private ranges with Millcreek being kinda snooty.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Make that really snooty.  If you go to Millcreek with any rifle that remotely resembles a military design they will treat you like a red headed stepchild.  

The Hillsdale range can't get built soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make that really snooty.  If you go to Millcreek with any rifle that remotely resembles a military design they will treat you like a red headed stepchild.  

That's strange, I take my AR-15s and Garand out there all the time and I've never had anyone be anything but pleasant. There are usually a few other people shooting some type of military weapon every time I go. Maybe you're doing something to make them treat you that way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's strange, I take my AR-15s and Garand out there all the time and I've never had anyone be anything but pleasant. There are usually a few other people shooting some type of military weapon every time I go. Maybe you're doing something to make them treat you that way.

Nah, there's some uppity members out there that perpetuate all the negative stereotypes many of us have about Johnson countians.

I saw it when I shot HP there. You have to shut down most of the range to shoot 500 yards due to the range layout. Many a snide remark was heard from folks who showed up on match day wanting to shoot and couldn't because of the "nuts with assault rifles shutting down the range."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, there's some uppity members out there that perpetuate all the negative stereotypes many of us have about Johnson countians.

I saw it when I shot HP there. You have to shut down most of the range to shoot 500 yards due to the range layout. Many a snide remark was heard from folks who showed up on match day wanting to shoot and couldn't because of the "nuts with assault rifles shutting down the range."

I'm usually busy shooting or scoring and don't have an opportunity to listen to snide remarks. Come on out and shoot and don't worry about it. This year, Highpower will be shutting down the range for every match while they shoot 500 yards instead of only a couple times a year. We're shooting the 500 first, so the range is closed from 8 to 10 instead of in the middle of the day like before.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm usually busy shooting or scoring and don't have an opportunity to listen to snide remarks. Come on out and shoot and don't worry about it. This year, Highpower will be shutting down the range for every match while they shoot 500 yards instead of only a couple times a year. We're shooting the 500 first, so the range is closed from 8 to 10 instead of in the middle of the day like before.

If I can ever find a free Sunday anymore I'll try.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the membership requirements for Mill Creek?  If I'm not best buddies with a current member is there any chance of getting in?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What are the membership requirements for Mill Creek?  If I'm not best buddies with a current member is there any chance of getting in?

From what I've understood there's not really a way to get in.  That's why I kinda threw them to the wayside as an option.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top