Posted: 9/29/2007 3:51:05 PM EDT
The classes set for 10-20 and 10-21 in Lincoln are CANCELLED.  :(

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Woohoo!

Only forty some more to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
More and more certified instructors all the time.

www.nsp.state.ne.us/findfile.asp?id2=255
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Local permit handgun registration is required in Las Vegas limits even for residents.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Local permit handgun registration is required in Las Vegas limits even for residents.
Sort of.

The new law changes that and essentially gives Clark County 60 days to change its law requiring registration within 24 hours, to the new law giving non-residents (i.e. casual visitors) 60 days to register, thereby effectively removing the requirement for all casual visitors.  Clark County has 60 days to change its law or it automatically becomes the law on 1-1-08.

I have talked to the LV PD directly on this.  Their best guess is that the Clark County Commission will sit on this and not affirmatively change its law within that 60 day period, or  if they do, they nonetheless will make it effective 1-1-08.

The practical effect is that no later than 1-1-08 the requirment becomes moot for casual visitors.  Until then, it would be prudent to at least call the LV PD to be certain of the current requirement.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hey lets go to Vegas!!!

Hey Paul any plans for a Utah add on class in  LIncoln

I already have a NE permit
I would be glad to do that either Friday evening the  19th or Saturday evening the 20th.  Since all that is needed is a class area (no range is needed) it can be done anywhere.  If this is something you would want to do, you can e-mail me ...  in general, I would want at least 2 people to attend...and we could do this at any location (your residence etc) or the range.  The only downside to the range is that it adds a bit to the cost as he charges a fee to me to use his facility.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill see if anyone i know is intrested
I might get back at ya , but you know how it is to get more than 2 people together sometimes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top