Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:47:33 PM EDT
To keep a long story short, I used to use Precision Firearms for my transfers before they went out of business.  My father was a good friend with the owner and they always had top quality weapons/ammo for the lowest price in town.  Well, they have shut their doors for good now.  The only other firearm store in Hutchinson will remain nameless since I still do business with them but mostly for ammo/cleaning supplies/etc. and not firearms.  They now require a receipt from the purchaser, and then they charge 10% on top of the purchase price for a transfer fee.  I am an honest person and i refuse to lie on a receipt or ask someone else to to save myself some money but at the same time I am not getting robbed due to a $100 transfer fee.  Looking for someone in the Hutchinson/Wichita area or surrounding areas to handle some transfers for me in the near future.  I am in the market for a new Kimber Warrior or TLE/RL II RIGHT NOW as well as a bushmaster or RRA AR15.  The sellers on the net can beat my local dealer by $340 on the warrior, $290 on the bushmaster and $170 on the TLE/RL II that i have found so far.  help me out guys and thank you in advance.

-Scott

P.S. I've tried google but I'm not as computer savvy as i thought i was.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Sunset Pawn, here in Hutch.  They might be willing to do it for you.  I have no idea how much they would charge.

You mean to tell me the only real gun store in town charges 10% of the purchase price???  That's ridiculously high.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Sunset Pawn, here in Hutch.  They might be willing to do it for you.  I have no idea how much they would charge.

You mean to tell me the only real gun store in town charges 10% of the purchase price???  That's ridiculously high.

That's what I was told on the phone when I called them up two weeks ago.  There was a TLE/RL II on the EE here for a decent price and I was going to scoop it until I found out what I would be paying for the transfer fee.  It made the price near that of a brand new one.  I was very disappointed to say the least.  I will call sunset this afternoon or stop by after I get out of class.  Shooter's is supposed to be getting a new TLE/RL II this next week and are going to call me when they get it in.  They have a warrior there now for, I believe, $1279 so I'm kind of hesitant to ask what  the TLE/RL II is going to be...

btw, welcome to the small town of nothing happening
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Try here for someone close. I see at least one guy in wichita proper. Some other towns may be close.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Chuck at The Outback Park outside McPherson.

www.theoutbackpark.com

It's a nice shooting range and Chuck is a good dealer/FFL. Transfers are usually a flat $10-$15, perhaps a bit more for something major but nowhere near 10% of purchase price. Give him a call. He'll take care of you.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try Chuck at The Outback Park outside McPherson.

www.theoutbackpark.com

It's a nice shooting range and Chuck is a good dealer/FFL. Transfers are usually a flat $10-$15, perhaps a bit more for something major but nowhere near 10% of purchase price. Give him a call. He'll take care of you.

+1 give Chuck a call. He is a good guy and really helpful.

viator
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, price what you're looking for with him. He may be able to get you as good or a better deal than anyone. I've bought several guns from him, as well as accessories. He just got me some Crimson Trace laser grips for my Glock for cheaper than ANYONE on the internet, period.

He's one of us. He owns a range and is an FFL because he loves it. He's not out to make a huge profit on any one sale but wants to keep you coming back. I've known him for almost 4 years and he's always helped me with shooting, reloading, finding what I need, etc.. I can't say enough about the guy.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There was a TLE/RL II on the EE here for a decent price and I was going to scoop it until I found out what I would be paying for the transfer fee.  It made the price near that of a brand new one.

And since it's almost the price of a new one, you might as well buy it from them.  Pretty handy policy, wouldn't you say?

I stopped in there today and took a look.  The guns are waaaay overpriced.  Ilooked at their XD45acp.  $620!!  I can find it elsewhere for $525 (but then you add the 10% transfer fee and you're right at their price).  I don't think I'll be buying much from them.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Try Mcsportingarms.com, it is a guy with an FFl in Newton,  I ordered an BM M4 from him about a month ago, got it for about %30 under msrp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Go to the Wichita Gun Show at the Coliseum today, March 5, if possible. Dave's out of Winfield is a Master Dealer of Kimber pistols and always has a good selection as well as reasonable prices. They also sell at the Cessna shows. A while back I found a good used TLE for $550 and a friend picked it up at a Coliseum show from another dealer. Good luck. Hope you can make it over there today.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Go to the Wichita Gun Show at the Coliseum today, March 5, if possible. Dave's out of Winfield is a Master Dealer of Kimber pistols and always has a good selection as well as reasonable prices. They also sell at the Cessna shows. A while back I found a good used TLE for $550 and a friend picked it up at a Coliseum show from another dealer. Good luck. Hope you can make it over there today.

Dang!  Of all the days to have the gun show, it's on a day I can't go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry I couldn't get the information to you sooner, but I didn't get my password until yesterday AM and was on my way to a Highpower match. Google " Dave's Gun Shop Winfield, KS"; you'll get a map and a phone number. Call them since they are only open certain days. I know it's a 2+ hour drive from Hutch, but if you reload, you can drop by Powder Valley, (east of Winfield a few miles) and get powder, primers, etc. You can see what they have available at www.powdervalleyinc.com. Hope you find what you want.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sorry I couldn't get the information to you sooner, but I didn't get my password until yesterday AM and was on my way to a Highpower match. Google " Dave's Gun Shop Winfield, KS"; you'll get a map and a phone number. Call them since they are only open certain days. I know it's a 2+ hour drive from Hutch, but if you reload, you can drop by Powder Valley, (east of Winfield a few miles) and get powder, primers, etc. You can see what they have available at www.powdervalleyinc.com. Hope you find what you want.

Very good information. Dave's shop is open Wednesday thru Saturday 1300-1800. He is a good man, and will treat you right.

I can also vouch for powder valley. They have a large selection of reloading components at very competitive prices.

If you decide to come down this way and need a native guide (both shops are not real easy to find), give me a shout and I would be glad to show you around.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the information guys.  I did talk to sunset pawn and they charge a flat $20.  I've never set foot in this store before but I've seen it all the time while doing errands in town.  It was even cheaper than Precision Firearms was when I used them exclusively.  They also seemed pretty friendly when talking on the phone as well.  Sometimes I feel like I get snooted around at Shooter's Supply even though I have spent a good amount of money there for various things and for my benelli shotguns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't use Bullseye in Wichita.  They tried the same 10% crap with me.  I have purchased numerous firearms and had them special order many items but that did not seem to make any difference.  Rude as hell about it when I questioned their policy.  They can go pound sand.  I won't darken their door again.  I reciently used Allan Stevens.  Found him on GunBroker.  He is a private FFL in Derby.  He charged me a flat $20 for the transfer and was good to work with.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#15]
so long as the gas doesnt erase the savings, outback up near mcpherson is a good place to go. i went there to sight in my rifle for late deer this year and he is one heck of a guy. i recomend him and his facilities to all of you.

side note-if concealed carry passes, he will one of the guys to go to to get your certification stuff. he does all the states.

either way, hes worth the trip. a good ol boy trying to make a buck on a job he loves. we all ought support that. hes doing what all wish we could.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top