Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:17:54 PM EDT
It sure is a nice little hidden gem. We spent a couple hours out there and had a great time. We even heard some full-auto fire coming from the plant. Security personnel showing off their toys because they heard (or maybe saw?) us shooting? I'd say it's a great place to maybe set up a hometown shoot. Any takers?

Unfortunately, while policing our brass, we found a spot with a ton of 7.62 and 5.45 Wolf where some shooters had been who obviously had never heard of the practice of cleaning up after themselves. It's stuff like that and the brain surgeons who had been shooting from the parking lot and left their shotgun shells all about are what's going to close places like that down.

So please, do like we did and leave the place in better shape than you found it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you liked it.  I'm definitely all for a shoot out there anytime we can get one scheduled.

We always stick to the south bean field, and have tarps set out to catch all our casings.  sad to hear others can't pick up after themselves; thanks for taking the time.

It's certainly a great little spot that seems to have zero use--at least until the rifle season in november.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Once we found it we had alot of fun.

And to think they trust me in airplanes.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some pics. It was freaking cold with occasional flurries and some blowing snow. So I look really scary bundled up because this marsupial doesn't like cold weather.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
very nice.

can't say as I go out with all the tac gear and stuff.  It's usually me in my blaze orange stocking cap from rifle season, quilted carhartt, and mossy oak gloves.  

we'll be out there freezing and makin our AK's smoke on sunday.

thread here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#5]
If I'm ever really going to need to use that AR, that's how I'm going to be. You must train as you fight. I can't say the same thing for my roommate (black vest and thigh rig), he just does it because he thinks he looks cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top