BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 11:42:51 PM EDT
So hows the upland hunting this year?
I'm going out Saturday north of Newton.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have knocked down a few ducks down at Marais de Cygne, but no upland hunting yet.  Do you have suggestions as to where I can find places to pheasant hunt within a hundred miles or so of Louisburg?  I'm new to this part of the country, and would appreciate any information.

Good luck on your hunt Saturday.

Bud
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
We usually go out west of Emporia north of Newton. Thats alittle out of your 100mile range.
Gonna do all walkin hunting this year.

Up by Everest which is north of Lawrence and West of Atchison would probably be alittle closer, I hear hunting is always good up that way, but have never been myself.

btw  how do you do your duck hunting?
decoys and all getout, or regular chance upon some?  Been kinda interested in shooting some ducks, but don't really wanna go all out with the blinds and decoys. We usually just spook some out from small ponds while hunting other stuff.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I do use decoys, but not a permanent blind.  The waterfowl up here move around a lot, so its more effective to be able to be mobile.  Decoying and calling ducks and geese is most of the fun!  There is nothing like getting a flight of greenheads to turn your way, look you over, "talk" back to you, cup their wings and drop into your decoys.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
If you ever need anyone to tag along..  I'd like to learn.

And I think my pheasant hunting for this weekend is cancelled
Coworker is having license problems.
Seems he washed his hunters saftey card, and the ink is smeared.  And KDWP says they have no record of him ever taking huntersaftey.(which happens sometimes since the class is done by 3rd party) So he has to get in contact with the person he got his cert from.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, that really sucks.

Nebr. and Colo. both have the records on computer. Very nice, indeed. I know Colo. instructors are third party. I don't remember about Nebr. (too many yrs ago ~ 30 or so)

It's too bad Kans. doesn't come up with a good computerized system.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Well It's in the computer, Infact I had to have a reprint lastyear.
I'm guessing there was just some sort of problem with the 3rd party giving the info to the state.
also his last name isn't very common, so it could have been enterd wrong.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Had very good luck out at Glen Elder Ks. It's buy a lake. More pheasent's than I have seen in many years. Quail was goo also. 13,000 acres of walk in pulic land. Ben let me know if you need more info I'll help you get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top