Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 11:13:35 PM EDT
Chris let me know if this needs to go elsewhere

Some of you folks know I work for Hope Community Resources (disability support services) as their financial analyst in addition to being a real estate broker. I have had requests from a number of individuals we support to put together a target shooting club. I have volunteered to lead the group and while some of the guys have their own firearms, many do not. In an effort to include as many people as possible I'm planning to supply a range from bolt action .22 rifles to shotguns for trap to AR's for bench shooting, all depending on individual skill and ability. Anyway some of you saw the receivers in my pic with James last week; I need to build these up into serviceable rifles. Tonight I added RRA LPK's to all 4.

I'm looking to see if any of you have left over or no longer used uppers and stocks. They need to be serviceable (ie reliable and shoot straight) but I don't care about looks. Would prefer simple A1 or A2 style so I don't need to acquire optics (this is 100% on my dime) but I will buy a pair of flipups if necessary,16-20 inch length. Stocks can be standard solid or reliable collapsible, please none of the uber cheap collapsible ones that constantly short stroke

As for price, cheap is the key word I've been hunting the EE and have found some good condition 20" A1's for under $150 shipped that I've contacted the guy about, but also wanted to check our members here in case you had something sitting around getting zero use that you'd consider parting with for a good cause. I'm not particular about manufacturer, but would definitely prefer a tier 1 or 2 group as I need to stress reliability (I can't have these guys clearing malfunctions like I used to get with a DPMS upper). So Bushy, Colt, BCM, LMT, RRA, CMMG, Stag, etc. would all be good to go.

Just shoot me an IM if you've got something
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey guys thanks for all the IM's  I'll get to each of you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.

You do realize you will need to get permission from these kids/parents to post pictures of them shooting zombie targets and smiling later right...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the IM buddy, let me know when to come by. Pics are part of the fun! I'm going to end up spending way more cash than I wanted but it'll be for a good cause Thankfully I don't need to provide ammo too...I hope
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top