Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 8:59:08 PM EDT
The GF and I did the new trail that opened up this week.  Runs through moanalua valley and up onto the ridgeline.  It was an ass kicker, but has an awesome view.  The final climb to the ridgeline could be fairly precarious in bad weather.  

9 miles roundtrip.

We took our time and did it in 4 1/2 hours.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Where does the trail start from? i wanna try that trail too
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pics.  Thanks for sharing them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Definitely.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Google Maps is my friend. found it in a flash.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]

#1 how the heck do you pronounce the trail or the road
#2 more pics of the GF
#3 looks like fun!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You go up moanalua valley (Ala Aolani street) until you hit the park at the end of the road.  At the back end theres a gate leading to the access road.  The road is about 2.5 miles in, then you hit the trail access on the left side.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

#1 how the heck do you pronounce the trail or the road Kamananui Kah mah nah noo ee valley road and Kulanaahane koo lah nah ah ha ney trail
#2 more pics of the GF
#3 looks like fun!
It was!  Bringing more water next time.  Damn GF leeched off my camelbak the whole time.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

#1 how the heck do you pronounce the trail or the road Kamananui Kah mah nah noo ee valley road and Kulanaahane koo lah nah ah ha ney trail
#2 more pics of the GF
#3 looks like fun!
It was!  Bringing more water next time.  Damn GF leeched off my camelbak the whole time.

Sweet I just impressed my wife with my awesome pronunciation skills
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Does that trail connect to the "Stairway to Heaven" trail?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does that trail connect to the "Stairway to Heaven" trail?

No.  In ths pic from the end of the trail you can see the spur that the stairway follows.  You can actually see the ladder/stairs... just not in the pic.

I suppose you could just follow the ridgeline, but there is no trail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok I didn't even know about the Haiku stairs until this thread.

Has anyone hiked them?  If so, how... where and when?  I'm definitely interested in this.

Hmmph, seems like it is 'illegal' to hike even though the city fixed up the stairs to the tune of $800,000.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice Pics!  

Not much of a hiking enthusiast myself, but I seem to do my fair share of it.  Usually looking for lost / missing hikers / bodies.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top