Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:30:34 PM EDT
Well it looks like my wife and I will be going to Kodiak at the begaining of august for about three nights.  Since this is my first trip what and where should I be doing/going regarding fishing.  Is there any place good to eat ot places to stay away from?  Any good place to shoot at.  Someone bring me up to speed.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
IF you are going to be by here before then I have a couple cases that Kodi has stored here that he could use delivered.....

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be in Soldotna this up coming week and would have no problem dropping off things for people.  

Any good beer on the Island?  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I might be in Soldotna this up coming week and would have no problem dropping off things for people.  

Any good beer on the Island?  

Good winery, but it is being closed (or may already be) due to zoning issues
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
when does deer season start?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep me posted on the actual dates you're coming in perhaps I could set aside some time hit the range or the river for some late sockeye or coho if they are in yet! Deer season starts the first of Aug I think..would have to check that...but if you're coming to Kodiak I'd be happy to help you out.
 Know where your're staying yet? There is a Comfort Inn out by the airport or the Best Western in town ..(its better) or lots of B&B's.
Always willing to help out another arfcomer. Let me know.

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IF you are going to be by here before then I have a couple cases that Kodi has stored here that he could use delivered.....

+1 .

And as far as the winery it is for sale is all I know about it right now .

What days are you coming ?
After about mid July I will have no free time the rest of the year from what I have heard so far .

And Kodan has steered ya right on the hotel situation .
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
winery is closed I think. Wine wasnt that good actualy. We do have 2 wineries in Kodiak and the one that is still open I think was the best one. If you are into wine let me know...I can def hook you up there... I think Kodiak can vouch for me on that one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
winery is closed I think. Wine wasnt that good actualy. We do have 2 wineries in Kodiak and the one that is still open I think was the best one. If you are into wine let me know...I can def hook you up there... I think Kodiak can vouch for me on that one.
He knows his Scotch as well .

What happened to calling me to site in for the hipower match ?
Heck for that matter what happened to calling me for the match ?
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Kodiak....Thought you were gonna call ME if you wanted to go There's another one next month...we'll hit that one.  I did place 2nd btw
sorry bud.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like it is all a go.  I will be on the ferry in about two weeks heading to Kodiak.  I trust the fishing is going to be good while I am down there.  Anyone know of a good charter that charges a fair price for fishing?  

Does anyone have anything that needs dropped off or picked up in Kodiak????  Let me know if I can help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh man . If you can swing by Yekimaks house and pick up my two cases of 7.62x39mm I will be one happy bear .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:36:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I have eard nothing but praise for Happy Hooker Charters . I don't know his rates though .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Great! Make sure you let me buy you a beer or three while your here. How long are you actually going to be in Kodiak? Long enough for range time? Did I IM you my contact info?  Kodiak-AK also knows how to reach me.
Rates for most Charter Boats are going to be between 200-400 a day depending on how long you want to stay out. But you will come home with fish !!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:37:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Kodan . I probbably have to bail on range time in the morning . 10 hours of ATV has me wasted out .

Bring your Deet bro the state bird is out in full force .
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I will get with yak and get the ammo picked up.  I would love to have a beer and do some shooting with you all.  I believe we are in Kodiak on August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but I will have to check.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I will get with yak and get the ammo picked up.  I would love to have a beer and do some shooting with you all.  I believe we are in Kodiak on August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but I will have to check.  
DUDE SWEET !!!!!!!!.
I will call up Yek and let him to know to give it up to ya .

The dates sound workable for me to go have a beer or two also .:)
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Great arcticbear....sounds like Kodiak and meself gonna have company! So Kodiak...you gonna share any of that ammo??

Arcticbear..... Im sending you and IM with my contact info for when you get here. Think I did already but here it is again.... IM sent
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Great arcticbear....sounds like Kodiak and meself gonna have company! So Kodiak...you gonna share any of that ammo??

Arcticbear..... Im sending you and IM with my contact info for when you get here. Think I did already but here it is again.... IM sent
Sure thing bud .
You can have the steel cases after I fire them .
And I should do that also .
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Does not the person that transports the ammo get 20% of the ammo he transports?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Kodiak ... you know that does sound kinda fair In an odd sorta way.

Whats this shit about steel cases ??? And here I WAS going to let you fire my new one !
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
We can work something out I am sure .
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

THe storehouse gets the otehr 80%

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I figured 10% for moving (me) and 10% for storage (yak)?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#25]
* sigh* What a bunch of jokers .

PS . Yek do you want the green or the orange ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#27]
ammo is on the way
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
*happy dance*
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Orange looks cooler.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Rodger I will get them out today before work than mate .
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Kodiak ... I cant wait to shoot up all your NEW ammo !! In fact Im even willing to let us shoot it in MY gun!!  Just trying to help
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Orange looks cooler.

WTF are you Guys talking about
Better not be something you wear on your feet.

I gotta know this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Orange looks cooler.

I gotta know this.

Kodi has this weird guilt over leaving me with this ammo for a year and I am taking advantage of it.  I gracefully turned down his offer of his wife, mostly because I think he was trying to pawn her off on me so we settled on some followers.  I was hoping for the minion type of follower, but am ending up with the magazine type of follower.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Orange looks cooler.

I gotta know this.

Kodi has this weird guilt over leaving me with this ammo for a year and I am taking advantage of it.  I gracefully turned down his offer of his wife, mostly because I think he was trying to pawn her off on me so we settled on some followers.  I was hoping for the minion type of follower, but am ending up with the magazine type of follower.

Thanks, now I will sleep better tonight.
Oh and you are probably right about the Wife thing.

~R
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Kodi pawn the wife off ......No F'ing way  She's way too cool ....I mean no way ......Unless you take the kids too!
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Kodi pawn the wife off ......No F'ing way  She's way too cool ....I mean no way ......Unless you take the kids too!

Maybe it was his ex, I ain't sure but he seemed way too eager and that scares me.  That and I already have a gun blocking spousal unit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it was his ex, I ain't sure but he seemed way too eager and that scares me.  That and I already have a gun blocking spousal unit.

Sorry to hear that bud... thats not good. Are you taking anything for it ? GBSU's often have their good points though. What part of Shall Not Be Infringed doesnt she understand For penance say 3 second ammendments and buy some ammo.

Last summer I was in a very thick bear area on Afognak Island doing work for Ak State Parks with a woman that was very anti gun. When we ran into a Sow and two cubs on the trail at about 30 Ft I looked around to locate everyone and noticed she was standing directly behind me since I had the gun. I gave her the look of ....What the hell are you doing....she leaned forward and whispered in my ear...."Im getting a little more comfortable with the whole gun thing"  After that she actually ask good questions about firearms and we had a constructive conversation.

Havent heard from Arcticbear yet....wonder where he is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#38]
HAHA . I would never Pawn Barb off on anyone .
Only I can suffer this much and live .

The followers on the way bud .

I think Arcticbear tried to call me while I was at work last night , but I wzas too srupid to program his number in my phone . I fixed that now so it wont show up as an unkown number .
Arctic bear if you get this I work until 6ish tonight and will give ya a call than .
Kodan and I are trying to get a shoot together for you tonight if ya want in .
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
HAHA . I would never Pawn Barb off on anyone .
Only I can suffer this much and live .

The followers on the way bud .

I think Arcticbear tried to call me while I was at work last night , but I wzas too srupid to program his number in my phone . I fixed that now so it wont show up as an unkown number .
Arctic bear if you get this I work until 6ish tonight and will give ya a call than .
Kodan and I are trying to get a shoot together for you tonight if ya want in .

I propose a wife swap, you will really appreciate yours afterwards..

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
The ammo has been passed of the to correct owner.  Dinner was great as what getting to meet everyone.  Fishing has beed fun and shooting on Monday will be great.  

Thanks for dinner guys
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#41]
No problem . It was the least we could do to have an arfcommer come and visit us .
Not to mention the ammo of course Hopefully I have some left after Monday .
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
No problem . It was the least we could do to have an arfcommer come and visit us .

Got the followers today.

Sorry I did not get to meet up with you AB, but I have a pile of reds now...I know you understand.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got the followers today.

Sorry I did not get to meet up with you AB, but I have a pile of reds now...I know you understand.
Did I hear reds???????

Glad ya got them . Hope they make your mag problems go away .
If they do I got first in line dibs when you sell the magpuls .
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The ammo has been passed of the to correct owner.  Dinner was great as what getting to meet everyone.  Fishing has beed fun and shooting on Monday will be great.  

Thanks for dinner guys

Kudos to AB for shooting in the liquid sunshine (rain) this morning Loved the SOCOM !!  Was great to meet you and yours over dinner. Next time we'll have to schedule a day out on the boat. yeh ...everybody come back to Kodiak for a second visit.
Maybe next time Kodiak and I will come to Homer for a ammo raid!

Link Posted: 8/4/2008 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Did I hear ammo raid .
Word dude I am up for it in a few months when I can take some time off .

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family AB , and thank you for the tips at the range today .

Now maybe I can hit a barn from the inside .

I have to admit I got a chuckle between all of us having an whoops moment at the range today .
Me being retarded enough to reach in front of a loaded rifle for a fresh mag , Kodan and his awsome reloads , and of course that rouge 9mm .

PS Kodan did any of your stuff rust up from today ?
I spent five hours going over everything tonight .
*sigh* .
WHY did I have to work right after the range .
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Did I hear ammo raid .
Word dude I am up for it in a few months when I can take some time off .

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family AB , and thank you for the tips at the range today .

Now maybe I can hit a barn from the inside .

I have to admit I got a chuckle between all of us having an whoops moment at the range today .
Me being retarded enough to reach in front of a loaded rifle for a fresh mag , Kodan and his awsome reloads , and of course that rouge 9mm .

PS Kodan did any of your stuff rust up from today ?
I spent five hours going over everything tonight .
*sigh* .
WHY did I have to work right after the range .

Thats funny !! Barn from the inside !! And speaking of Oops .... you forgot to mention the the first damn shot AB touched off on your G3 sent a piece of freshly fired brass straight up which came down on the back of my neck promptly going down the back of my F'ing shirt And Kodiak laughs his ass off while Im doing the F'ing hot brass down the shirt Oweeee dance Hell ... you're both lucky I didnt just tear all my damn clothes off trying to find that brass !! Cause it was DEF headed south !!!

Nope ... didnt have a spec of rust on anything. Checked last night when I got home and again this morning. Nuthin Nada Nil ....No rust. Of course.... Tupperware doesnt rust ... Stainless doesnt rust much..... and I keep my M4 oiled like a Helo! soooo Im good! But thanks for the heads up!!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#47]
That wasn't an oops Kodan , that was a riot .
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I have done the *HOT BRASS* Dance.

Yep, it's more funny to watch than do.

~R
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yeh yeh yeh ....shut up and drink your Cappuccino!
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeh yeh yeh ....shut up and drink your Cappuccino!
It was a Mocha thank you .:)

PS Found your spotting scope .
I will bring it by the shop tommorow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top