Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2007 8:21:55 PM EDT
So what type of holsters do you have and wear?  Photos of the pistol/holster and site would be great.  I ave my new Styer and an old Sig 229 I need a new holster for.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Safariland 6004.  I own 4 of them.  I have them for my 1911, Glock 19, as well two for my issued Beretta M9.  All of them are drop legs except for one which is a drop leg that I modified to be worn on the chest of my issued Aviation body armor.

For me it is a case of confidence in the retention and draw mechanism of this system.   I have used it a lot in training.  It also helps that Safariland makes a very good product and stands by it...  

See a respresentative photo here:

safariland 6004

Edited to add:  not what you are looking for if you are looking for a concealment holster but for range and tactical work, its what I use.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]

If you need to worry about retention I like the Safariland 0701 if not worried the 0702 is my choice
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Desantis... Same 1911 paddle i've had for 6 years since I bought it at AK Tactical from Steve...

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Alessi opentop hidout for my 92....I lucked into one on gunbroker for like $30, been looking for something similar for my g17.

It keeps a 92 pretty well hid, should do wonders for the glock or something smaller....I just can't see spending $120 on one, yeesh..
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
My IWB is a Milt Sparks VMII, all my other leather holsters and gear are made by C. Rusty Sherrick
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine have all been made by Dad. He's a pretty talented holster maker who only uses a paper sack to make the templates. He's shown me how to bone the leather to get a good solid fit so the weapon is secure. I have a holster for my LAR Grizzly that's 25 years old. Spends most of the summer on my hip and still functions great.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to mention that I mostly carry in my fanny pack.

I almost prefer that people "think" I am carrying so they think twice if they are considering being stupid
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Milt Sparks VMII
Done Hume PCCH
Uncle Mikes IWB Open Top

I worked my way up from the bottom, and glad I did, because it helps me to appreciate a good holster. However, as such, I still use the Uncle Mikes from time to time. (It's a good holster, but not in the same league as the VMII)

The Don Hume was nicely made and was a good deal for the price. The main thing that I didn't like about it, was that the belt loops were directly in front of the holster, not off to the sides, and that added bulk and instability, again, compared to the VMII. The other thing is the flap of leather that stands between the rear of the slide and your body, slightly extended past the grip, into the curve where the web of your hand belongs... It prevented me from getting a good grip. (With light sanding, it could have been remedied.)

Someone in the Glock forum posted a few pics of a holster they bought from a maker on ebay, named TT... Can't recall the full name, just the abbreviation. Anyway, the holster looked like a quality one, similar to the style of the VMII and for half the price.
ETA: Here is the link
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I forgot to mention that I mostly carry in my fanny pack.

I almost prefer that people "think" I am carrying so they think twice if they are considering being stupid

I got hassled in the carry forum when I mentioned a similar theory...I called it "sloppy carry"..I used to go around with my 92 IWB but only under a t-shirt.  I don't think anyone noticed though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#10]
 Milt Sparks 55BN for my Colt.

edit to add picture , only pic I have with holster
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#11]
For CC I use the Blade Tech IWB (IDPA APPROVED) using the pull the dot loops.
I have one each for my 1911 and XD45.

Sorry no pic's, but I'll Link you.

Never tried leather for CC but I'm very happy with what I use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top