Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 11:37:29 PM EDT
I am coming down on a business trip Thursday through Saturday. During that time (mostly Friday and Saturdya morning) I will have some free time and have access to wheels.  
Any places I should hit?

Any gun stores worth a visit to do some window shopping?

Any good eats?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say check out the Impact Area on K-Beach Road and Gator Guns on the Kenai Spur Highway just outside Kenai, they aren't big stores but the owners are both knowledgeable and are pretty good guys.  I try not to go in there too often as I often find something cool I think I really "need" but the wife usually thinks otherwise.  Then it just gnaws at me until I go back to buy it or go back and find out "some guy just bought it 3 hours ago."  Damn, I hate that.  

As far as good eats....go to Homer if you have the time.  Fat Olive's in Homer is my favorite place to go, have never had a bad meal there.  I have not been impressed with any restaurant in Solodotna or Kenai, although I have not tried The Tides since it reopened down by the Kenai River Bridge in Soldotna.  I have heard some good things about them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Mykel's restaurant in Slodotna.  It is in the bottom story of the Soldotna Inn, it is on the left about a block down the spur highway.  Jersey Subs is pretty good eats as well.  

Both the gunstores previously mentioned are good.

My fave thing to do over there is hit Garage sales.  I am a junkie for them, but the sales there are way better than over here in Seward and better than most of the ones I goto in anchorage.  

The wifey and I are in the process of buying a house in North Kenai, we hope to be moved in by the end of the year.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Hardware store and look at the hot chick that works there- She also knows a shitload about fishing.-LOL- always gotta stop by the hardware store
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree Fat Olice's is a great place to eat and the dirls at the Ace Hardwear Store are very easy on the eyes.  As for the gun shops Gator guns is good I just have not found/been to the gun shop on K-beach as of yet.  

@ Yak are you going to be staying in Kenai from now on or still going to spend summers in Seward?  

PS. Soldotna is only about one hour from Homer.  The roads are clear of snow and ice and the weather is not expected to change from this nice cold and clear weather for several more days.

Enjoy your trip.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I totally forgot about the girls at the hardware store...duh.  The ones that work at first national bank are nice as well.  Also there is a strip joint called good time Charlie's, but I have not been able to sneak over to it to know if it is any good.  Stories I have heard from Co-workers are pretty wild.

We are trying o buy a place in Kenai now.  I love Seward, but the lack of decent housing and the high utility prices has forced out hand and we are going to go back to Kenai to work and invest in property.  My wife may keep her summer job, but it is based mostly in Whittier now and her company is going to provide housing.  I am hoping to get on the slope or the like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top