Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:53:43 PM EDT
                         www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/8143114/detail.html
Saw this story on the news the other night, a 25 y.o. man was arrested by HPD for fatally stabbing  a meth head in the chest after the guy broke into his and his girlfriends' apartment.  The deceased was also seen earlier "yelling and acting erratically."

The thing that gets me is the above quote wasn't from the citizen doing the stabbing but from the Police Spokesman, a Capt. Fujii.  Here is the entire quote, "We always say, if possible, the best thing you can do is avoid any physical confrontation because you never know what the person breaking into your house is capable of doing."  Great advice to the citizens of Hawaii on how to be sheeple, it's a good thing the citizen only took the latter half of your quote into consideration.

Doesn't the guy know he's supposed to call 911 and follow their directions.

Follow up says the citizen was later released with his fate in the hands of prosecutors.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sorry to say that in a State that is as Liberal as Hawaii it would be difficult even in your own home to defend yourself.  Meth is a horrible thing that affects many and has brought an early demise to many more.  Keep fighting the fight because once it is gone it is difficult to ever get it back.  By the way the victim should immediately file a civil law suit against the suspects estate.          
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont think he will get much from the estate of a meth head.  Good to do it before the crackheads try a wrongful death suit against the victim.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
reading this information just makes me really upset. i might catch some heat for this, but im kinda glad the guy died. if he would have survived this would drag on for years and the true victims would be on the wrong end of this in court. that guy and his girlfriend were just minding their own business and this guy came and violated their rights. i think he got what he deserved for his actions.  what the police are saying to do is stupid. if someone breaks into your home, then they obviously dont care about your rights (privacy,safety,property) and should not be given the chance to attack first for you to defend yourself. some stupid meth head better not come into my house because i dont feel the same way as the police. ill protect my family to the(your) end.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here, the SOB deserved to DIE.
However, Hawaii does not have a "Castle Doctrine" and you must ask yourself  " Is it worth going to Jail " for a criminal.

Hawaii does not even allow oneself to branish a gun in your own home, sojoun or business.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hawaii does not even allow oneself to branish a gun in your own home, sojoun or business.

so i can't answer the door with a firearm in hand the door at 3am if some stranger comes a knocking?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Home invasions and carjackings ain't all that popular here.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Home invasions and carjackings ain't all that popular here.  

I cant imagine why.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so i can't answer the door with a firearm in hand the door at 3am if some stranger comes a knocking?

A Liberal Prosecutor can get it to trail under 134-6 since the person at the door was not a criminal and just an Liberal anti gun neighbor. You are now a felon.
It may not get a conviction but going to trail is a possibility.
The laws in Hawaii (nanny state) protect EVERYONE , even the REAL CRIMINALS..

§134-6 Carrying or use of firearm in the commission of a separate felony; place to keep firearms; loaded firearms; penalty. (

a) It shall be unlawful for a person to knowingly carry on the person or have within the person's immediate control or intentionally use or threaten to use a firearm while engaged in the commission of a separate felony, whether the firearm was loaded or not, and whether operable or not; provided that a person shall not be prosecuted under this subsection where the separate felony is:

(2) The felony offense of reckless endangering in the first degree under section 707-713;

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
                         www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/8143114/detail.html
Saw this story on the news the other night, a 25 y.o. man was arrested by HPD for fatally stabbing  a meth head in the chest after the guy broke into his and his girlfriends' apartment.  The deceased was also seen earlier "yelling and acting erratically."

The thing that gets me is the above quote wasn't from the citizen doing the stabbing but from the Police Spokesman, a Capt. Fujii.  Here is the entire quote, "We always say, if possible, the best thing you can do is avoid any physical confrontation because you never know what the person breaking into your house is capable of doing."  Great advice to the citizens of Hawaii on how to be sheeple, it's a good thing the citizen only took the latter half of your quote into consideration.

Doesn't the guy know he's supposed to call 911 and follow their directions.

Follow up says the citizen was later released with his fate in the hands of prosecutors.  We'll see.

One big plus is that the HPD spokesman said he was getting numerous inqueries as to why the man was arrested just after the incident occurred.  I think it's good to see that more people than we think in Hawaii understand that sometimes self-defense is the only option.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Also, the day after it occurred, the local news crews were interviewing the "suspect's" neighbors.  At least 7 different people were saying on air that he was "such a nice guy... a truly good person... one of the good guys... ".  One middle aged woman was wiping away tears, saying they souldn't have arrested him.  

I got to know quite a few of the prosecuting investigators while I worked at Magnum.  Their office had a contract with Magnum to use the range for training and practice.  We got in to a few discussions about home and self defense in Hawaii and in what circumstances they usually prosecute.  I will say this: if they investigate and talk to those neighbors about what happened that day and the kind of person they say he is, and if they find out  the way that meth-mouthed ice-head was acting before being killed, they will not even prosecute.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Darealickt I sincerely hope you're right.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#13]
One more reason to move
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
good news.
the guy was released with no charges and arrest will be removed from his record. finally hawaii did something right. about time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top