Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:27:02 AM EDT
There's a gun show this weekend at Wasilla High School.  0900 both days.  Don't know when it ends.  I've got a table there, so there'll be at least some good deals!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That uesd to be a great show, then the managment of it changed.  Havent been back since
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Last year's show was good.  Of course, define great?  Not sure what you mean by "Management" but I've displayed all but three of the last 11 years... (I was in Seattle for three years) and it has been about the same each time.  Mostly valley folks and some good deals to be had.  It's usually my second best show of the year (fall AGCA is always my best).
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
MGT = The people who organize the show

There were the same people for many years.  Probably 5 years or so ago that changed and the new people had no idea what they were doing.  First year after the change they had us sharing tables on both ends with non dealers.  They taped a line across the table and said this side of the table is yours and this side is yours.  We had bought 5 tables for each show each year.  That year we got 4 tables and 2 - 1/2 tables.  Next year they couldnt agree on safety procedures.  One person would come through and say one thing, then another would come through and say that person was wrong, and so on.  Safety procedures as in how the guns were made safe for display.  It just became a cluster fuck and wasnt worth the drive down.  

As for shows, the Palmer State Fair show has always been the top show in the state for us.  This is followed by the show at UAF right after dividends come out.

Just my .02
Chris
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm really looking forward to the April 2006 Palmer Fairgrounds Gunshow, I'll be looking to pick up a new AR when I go, and maybe some odds/ends.

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree that the show has been  going downhill the last few years. There were several good tables, but they were the exception rather than the rule. I was hoping someone would have a PS-90, but the closest I got was mags.hisStill and all, it was better than no show at all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Good show for me.  They did say that 8-foot tables aren't going to be used next year and that the cost will be $40 for 6-foot tables.  Absolutely no hassles with the staff.  They could have advertised a bit more though, but enough people showed up and bought guns from me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top