Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:08:18 AM EDT
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Wild West Guns is a Class III Dealer, FWIW
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
SO Wild West is the only one I can get a silencer through in the Anchorage area?  Also, how hard is it to get the CLEO to sign off here?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
AK Tactical on muldoon is a C3 dealer and closer to you to boot. If its a C3 item on a form 4 here in state, you dont even need a dealer. Do the paperwork yourself.  Better yet, come to the Sunrise Grill on the last wednesday of every month at 6 PM and meet pretty much every C3 dealer in Anchorage and a few from the valley. You can get a signoff from APD if you want to jump thru their dog and pony show or just incorporate yourself and you dont need their signature.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
As stated, there are plenty of C3 dealers in the area.  AMGA is who meets at the sunrise grill, you may even like to join, plenty of fun, games, show and tell.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]
So everybody will be there on the 28th?  So how do I get there comming in from Eagle River Area?
Sounds as though APD makes it a bit dificult?

Do you have to have a business license to incorperate and it not how much more dificult does it make taxes?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to IM me we can chat about all the details of NFA, incorporating, AMGA, dealers, ect.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The next AMGA meeting will be held Wed Jan 25th at the Sunrise Grill.  The Dec meeting was held earlier in the month in conjunction with a machine gun shoot at Birchwood.

This coming meeting will be our annual election.  We're hoping for a good turn-out.  Come out and support YOUR club!  We have 75% officer turn-over this year and will be looking for dedicated members who want to be involved.  

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Matt

[email protected]

www.amga.net
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info Matt, I am hoping to be there.
Josh
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Matt

Do you guys have a chapter in Fairbanks?

Ever have meeting in Fairbanks?

Chris
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, ME... I meet at the range with myself...

Ever notice I am always wearing my AMGA hat, and sometimes the shirt too?

AMGA is more like Anchorage MGA.  While there are various members in Fairbanks to include myself, there are no formal meetings.  I have found most don't want to do anything in an official manner (in Fairbanks).  Some of the people you know are in AMGA, they just don't mention it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Mike pretty much hit the nail on the head.  While we have members across the state we've only ever had meetings in Anchorage.

I would love to see a more organized state-wide club.  With us being a completely volunteer organization it's hard to find consistent reliable volunteers who want to manage the administrative end of things.

If you have any ideas of how to become more organized or to improve our statewide footprint I'd love to hear them.  I'm really hoping that the Memorial Day Anderson shoot continues to move forward with the Fairbanks crew leading the charge (as they volunteered).

As a side note, we're having a New Year's Eve shoot at Goose Bay for anyone interested.

Thank you,

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top