Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:13:52 PM EDT
Ok, I've never been there & neither has she.  We're not going to play golf or party at clubs.  We like hiking, nature stuff, dining out.  Perhaps the volcano park, botanical gardens, ect.  
What's there for me to see?
What airline from Anchorage usually has the best deal?  Where should we stay (price doesn't matter, its the experience that counts).?
I don't know which island to go see, but I'm looking at 8 full days.  Will we get bored at just one, think I can jump to another?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I really enjoyed the big Island.

We spent a week in Hilo, actually outside of Hilo in the Volcano National Park.  Then we spent another week in downtown Kona.  Lots of places to sightsee, can see the lava flowing into the Ocean, lots of flowers, can go to the obsevatory.  

I have been to Maui, Oahu and the Big  Island.  Out of the three, I would only go back to the Big Island

Chris
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Aloha!  8 days may  not be enough to see everything, i'm serious. Island hopping is very common for vacationers as there are many daily flights to almost all the Islands. Flying to Oahu directly will be the cheapest as the majority people live here and its capital of Honolulu.

On Oahu there is much to explore, hanauma, pearl harbor,, palaces, and most of the rich history that is Hawaii, but no active volcanoes. Honolulu and Waikiki is MUST see for any first timer, although its huge compact population,  tourist traps, and share of weirdos you wont be disapointed.

In contrast to Oahu I'd suggest Kona on the Big Island. There is snow there at elevation many times during the year(you would rather not hear that im sure  ) yet a few miles away and at sea level is sun, sand, and surf. Amazinginly diverse the Big Island is fricken BIG! Nature lovers cannot get bored here, with help from one of two active volcanoes.

My suggestion would be to see both of the above. Flying into Oahu to live it up then 5 days on the Big Island to settle down and explore.

www.gohawaii.com/

I prefer Hawaiian Air www.hawaiianair.com/ for price, service, stress management, and I have flown them all.

No i am not a travel agent and i dont play one on TV! I have however been to all the major Islands and hope you have a great first stay with us

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
kauai

+1

My wife and I love Kauai.  There are some really nice hiking opportunities - you can go on the trail into the Napali coast up north.  Absolutely awesome and competely undeveloped.

Don't get me wrong, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island are really nice too.   We just got back a few days ago - 4 days on Kauai (North Shore - around Hanalei), 8 days on the Big Island (Kona) and 4 days in Oahu (Honolulu)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top