Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
Seems like this will be a major negative impact on farm economies like Iowa's if it goes through.

Are any Iowans planning on boycotting California products in retaliation?

The ban on veal may get some people down here pissed off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I already try not to buy California products, and will not visit the state. There's not much that California has to offer that I can't buy elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already try not to buy California products, and will not visit the state. There's not much that California has to offer that I can't buy elsewhere.
View Quote

Agreed, I was just wondering if the news media up there is covering this and if it is causing any kind of buzz.  Down here the mainstream media is not surprisingly not covering it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
They are bound and determined to legislate themselves into dust. It won't change much except likely make food more expensive for EVERYONE. Food that used to go other places will now go to CA. IA food will fill those gaps and everyone will enjoy paying for the extra transport, storage, and initial inefficiencies as new logistics pathways are formed.

It's more virtue signaling bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
California legislature.

Fuck your ignorant ideals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Unconstitutional. See "Commerce Clause"
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t really see it changing much. CA doesn’t want the pork? Guess what somebody else does. California can take a hike
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don’t really see it changing much. CA doesn’t want the pork? Guess what somebody else does. California can take a hike
View Quote

The reports are that bacon in California will soon be over $50 a pound. I guess we won't be seeing any bacon burgers, or pork products at restaurants in California anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The reports are that bacon in California will soon be over $50 a pound. I guess we won't be seeing any bacon burgers, or pork products at restaurants in California anytime soon.
View Quote

What kind of dumbass gives up bacon, ‘cause feelings? I used to laugh at all of the libtards in Iowa City that got bent out of shape about hog confinements. I raised pure bred outdoor hogs that ate good, but it was always “too expensive”. They just don’t understand, you can’t have it both ways. California will learn.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top