Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 6:56:36 AM EDT
The question of training requirements for the new law has come up numerous times.  I've read the code, Iowa Carry's website, etc, but I have a question that I haven't been able to get an answer to.

I am an NRA Instructor in RIfle, Pistol, Shotgun, and Personal Protection in the Home.  As I read the code, I am qualified to offer classes.  My question is, does my intructor tag exempt me from taking a class from another instructor?   Requiring qualified intructors to also take a class, essentially the same class they are teaching, strikes be as superfluous at best.  But I also understand how government bureaucracies can think.  I have a Story County training certificate, but it wiil be over one year old by the time I renew my current permit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The question of training requirements for the new law has come up numerous times.  I've read the code, Iowa Carry's website, etc, but I have a question that I haven't been able to get an answer to.

I am an NRA Instructor in RIfle, Pistol, Shotgun, and Personal Protection in the Home.  As I read the code, I am qualified to offer classes.  My question is, does my intructor tag exempt me from taking a class from another instructor?   Requiring qualified intructors to also take a class, essentially the same class they are teaching, strikes be as superfluous at best.  But I also understand how government bureaucracies can think.  I have a Story County training certificate, but it wiil be over one year old by the time I renew my current permit.

i'll answer your question to the best of my ability, but these questions should all be asked over on IFC...  this way the information is kept for others to use and view all in the same place.

yes, you can teach.  no, you aren't exempt yourself by simply being able to teach.  you could teach yourself of course, as there is nothing that precludes it.  or if your recent cert from any of the accolades you mentioned is under 12 months at the point of your renewal/application, then that should work as a source for issuance.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top