Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:05:57 PM EDT
Do CMP rifle orders have to go through a FFL?  I think I can get a 1903 but I don't have a clear answer on the garands or carbines.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
CMP rifles come to your front door.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#2]
www.odcmp.com

No, they don't go thru a FFL.  There are however some hoops to jump thru, but the process has gotten easier in recent years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the answers.

I have a C&R, but it looks like some people sell Garands as C&R and most don't.  I was thinking this may be the way to good to get a better quality rifle.  I end up seeing ads for garands for a decent price and then see that they are not sold as C&R.  Just like everybody else I want a good deal but want a shooter with history.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you for the answers.

I have a C&R, but it looks like some people sell Garands as C&R and most don't.  I was thinking this may be the way to good to get a better quality rifle.  I end up seeing ads for garands for a decent price and then see that they are not sold as C&R.  Just like everybody else I want a good deal but want a shooter with history.

Any US Military Garand is going to be good to go on a C&R. only the newer Springfields made in Illinois (7 mil. ser. #) and the clones (Century Arms, Federal, etc.) will be exempt.

The CMP is great for these. If you have your C&R, that'll satisfy the requirement for documenting shooting 50 rounds in competition in the last 5 years. Then the only other aggravation in getting a Garand through them is having your paperwork notarized. You can do that at your bank. Keep up with your order via e-mail and the website, and it gets shipped UPS directly to your door.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top