Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:05:23 PM EDT
"Perfectly safe, just get it", did not set well with me.  I am not a conspiracy therorist per se, but having considered the flu shot I wanted to be well informed.  I found the following video enlightening.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mh9f_swine-flu-1976-propaganda_webcam
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how to put this and will probably start a shit storm. I was in my teens in the 70's when this happened. The percentage from those shots were pretty low. 4-5000 out of 46 million. Now any deaths or major disabilities are too many especially for flu. Flu can kill as we are seeing now. But this strain is now suddenly less potent than the common flu after much hype from the media and the CDC.

I am not in favor of required immunization for flu but there were diseases back then that shots that myself and others had to take that rid much of the world of them. Polio, small pox and others are much less a threat today because we got those shots. Yes a few did die or suffered from reactions. For diseases of real killers/debilitators I am more in favor of requiring immunization than something like the flu. I can more accept the premise of the few for the many concept for those diseases. We have better ways of fighting something flu than we had years ago and are able to realize better what we have than the isolated world a century ago. We can spread disease much faster though today but I really don't think a major epidemic like those of decades ago will happen.

I am not getting a flu shot and haven't since I got out of the service in '87. Every flu shot I ever got in the service made me sick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure how to put this and will probably start a shit storm. I was in my teens in the 70's when this happened. The percentage from those shots were pretty low. 4-5000 out of 46 million. Now any deaths or major disabilities are too many especially for flu. Flu can kill as we are seeing now. But this strain is now suddenly less potent than the common flu after much hype from the media and the CDC.

I am not in favor of required immunization for flu but there were diseases back then that shots that myself and others had to take that rid much of the world of them. Polio, small pox and others are much less a threat today because we got those shots. Yes a few did die or suffered from reactions. For diseases of real killers/debilitators I am more in favor of requiring immunization than something like the flu. I can more accept the premise of the few for the many concept for those diseases. We have better ways of fighting something flu than we had years ago and are able to realize better what we have than the isolated world a century ago. We can spread disease much faster though today but I really don't think a major epidemic like those of decades ago will happen.

I am not getting a flu shot and haven't since I got out of the service in '87. Every flu shot I ever got in the service made me sick.

I too can remember the"panic" of der svine flu in the 70's,if it was something then and is something now,why did'nt they see it coming and why not have some"idea" of a
possible vaccine for the possible strains by now? Jesus,they dole out MILLIONS in grant money to these bastards every year and they can't even get f*ucking close!
This sh*t makes my head hurt,I need another beer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Part of the reason is too much of the money goes to salaries and expense accounts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I am finding enlightenment from the comments of those who remember it from the 70's.

I was just a youngster in the 70's and I'm not sure if I was immunized for the flu then.  I do follow the same beliefs about Polio, small pox and other immunizations.  Hell I even get MMR/Tetanus boosters when necessary.

For those who went thru it then and now, is the shot necessary?
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This strain is different. I suppose they all are really. As to whether to get the shot or not that is up to you in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 1:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]
they're talking about required imunizations?

how exactly are they going to force me to be imunized?
I'm no conspiracy theorist but if the government is trying to FORCE me to get something injected into my body we have a problem.

i'd rather get the damn flu, i've had the flu before and this is just a new strain like all the rest!
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anybody thought about talking to their personal doctor about the H1N1 flu/vaccines and going with their advice?        

I'm just sayin'..........
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah, you need to get it, but the current occupant in the white house and his family haven't yet(as of 10-8-09 any way).  Isn't that a little odd?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anybody thought about talking to their personal doctor about the H1N1 flu/vaccines and going with their advice?        

I'm just sayin'..........

I have had several years of chronic back pain and lots of Dr's.   I can assure you that most Dr. do not think for themselves.  They just repeat whatever the mainstream line is.   I am more skeptical now and am not getting the shot.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top