Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:38:49 PM EDT
I'm planning on getting some type of AR in the next 6 months or so.  I'm wondering where you guys have been purchasing them locally, who is good to deal wiht, etc.  This will be my first AR.  I probably should mention I'm about half an hour from the Des Moines area so somewhere near there would be good.

Thanks, Adam
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
fairgrounds gun shows, look for the booth that has Superior Arms, and RB Precision.  both great companies to work with.  you buy a complete rifle, or they will help you to build to your liking.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
fairgrounds gun shows, look for the booth that has Superior Arms, and RB Precision.  both great companies to work with.  you buy a complete rifle, or they will help you to build to your liking.

Brett

I agree with this post 100%.  Rather than waiting for the next gun show you may want to contact RBPrecision directly.  Here is a link to their website: www.rbprecision.com

Their contact information is at the bottom of the left-hand frame.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys.  I will have to try to catch one this summer if I can.  I have been to a few there before but not for the past four years I would say.  I'll check out that site.

Thanks again.  Adam
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you I appreciate it.  I know I will have plenty of questions.  Adam
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Brett

+1

IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
IM received and sent. Thanks, Adam
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I know a dealer that will only charge a $20 transaction fee over the dealer cost of the rifle and shipping. Lives near New Providence, which is northeast of Des Moines, about 30-40 minutes. Email me for contact info.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the information.  I will keep that in mind.  It will be at least three months, possibly four or five before I will be ready to purchase.

This is what I'm thinking about at the moment.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

Thanks, Adam
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, I know a dealer that will only charge a $20 transaction fee over the dealer cost of the rifle and shipping. Lives near New Providence, which is northeast of Des Moines, about 30-40 minutes. Email me for contact info.

i have a similar situation.  these guys ask for cost + tax + shipping...  no profit...  i guess they like to sell guns...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
You know for that kind of money, you could put together a really nice AR from the EE, with some bells and whistles.

I have about half of that in a similar M4gery. With everyone on the site and in the hometown forums you will always be able to get answers to any questions you may have for assembly. If that is a concern to you. Maybe you want to buy an assembled rifle for the warrenty fact.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I figure the MSRP price is probably fairly high compared to what I could probably find it for elsewhere, but I'm not sure

I figured on buying this one I guess for my first one, and then building another one or maybe two.  I will give it some thought though.  

Thanks, Adam
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#13]
i have a post about an "AR build party" that i started after i noticed the same idea an AK guy had posted.  maybe you'd benefit from something like that...

check it out.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks,  I took a look at that post.  If something is going on after May 5th I may be able to check it out.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Adam
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top