Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 6:07:52 AM EDT
Do you need to do anything special to sell a gun at a local gun show?  Can I simply put the rifle in a case and carry it in and then walk around to the different dealers?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have only bought at gun shows never sold anything.

I have a MAK-90 for sale if anybody is interested.  I'm in Des Moines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks David.

If I sell to an individual is there any paper work I should write up or anything?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a guy from out of state try to buy a rifle from me at the D.M. gun show one time.NOT a good idea.I will not sell any rifle,shotgun,handgun,etc.to anyone who does not have an Iowa Permit To Purchase.This way I will not have to worry the buyer being an unsavory person.
Cazador2
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
VERY sound advice Caz; no sense putting a weapon in the hands of someone who will only give the rest of ua a bad rep and add to the anti's fuel.  My first suspicion would be, "Why don't they buy in their own state???"  Also, I "suppose" it could have been a "fed" trying to "test" you...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as they are a dealer I will be fine right?

I know I will get less but I'm just looking to free up some space in the safe.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top