Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2021 4:58:22 PM EDT
I decided to check out the rally since I am a newly minted SD resident as of March. I am not a motorcycle guy so I am just walking around sending pics to my buddy in NV who lost his bike in divorce and wants to get a new one and make it up here one day. Holy shit this place is insane! Bikes, vendors, bars serving ice cold beer, live bands, etc. This rally is pure 'Murica! So far I have not seen any unruly bullshit go down, just lots of visitors filling hotels and campgrounds dropping buttloads of money into the local economy. I walked down Lazelle St. and am working my way up Main St. and have not seen one face diaper yet. I fucking love South Dakota!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately the rally isn't dumping all that much into the sturgis economy compared to what it takes from it. As the old saying goes a lot of money comes in with the rally but leaves with it too.

Stop by in a couple weeks (or July next year) and compare the differences. It's unfortunate. It is a nice quick money maker for some folks who work a rally job or rent their house. But from a total economic impact, the prevalence of these people buying store fronts and leaving them vacant 50 weeks a year has killed the sturgis economy to the point its merely a bedroom community for Rapid or Spearfish.

There is a slow and steady push from some of the locals to build the community back up but it takes a long time and there is significant resistance from what is known as the sturgis mafia. But we're making progress. It helps that the rally has outgrown sturgis and is now way more concentrated at the chip, Glencoe, and full throttle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't be caught dead near that place. According to Fauchi, we're all gonna die from it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
I wouldn't be caught dead near that place. According to Fauchi, we're all gonna die from it.
View Quote

I walked among the other rally attendees without a face diaper, stopped in a bar to have a snack and drink served by un-face diapered staff, and stopped in a vendor tent where no face diapers were worn to buy a T shirt. Guess I will be 6 feet under by the end of the week!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:

I walked among the other rally attendees without a face diaper, stopped in a bar to have a snack and drink served by un-face diapered staff, and stopped in a vendor tent where no face diapers were worn to buy a T shirt. Guess I will be 6 feet under by the end of the week!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You're probably already dead and posting from beyond the grave. Don't you know that rube bikers will be superspreaders but sophisticated elites at Obama's birthday bash are immune?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You're probably already dead and posting from beyond the grave. Don't you know that rube bikers will be superspreaders but sophisticated elites at Obama's birthday bash are immune?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That fucking muslim commie jug-eared hemorrhoid-face assclown can choke on a fecal log straight outta my butthole. The sad part is that all the NPC low info voter idiots who see that party of communists not abiding by the bullshit covidiocy rules they foist on us will still not question the obvious hypocrisy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top