Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2018 3:21:41 PM EDT
I have been doctoring in RC for about 8 years... with two different guys. Not impressed with either so I am looking for a new doc. I am considering going to SF as I am about half way between. SF would have to be Avera though as the family has had a few bad experiences with Sanford.

So, can anyone recommend a Doc in RC or with Avera in SF?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
test
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, my doc works for sanford
View Quote
No worries. I was just testing a change to my account preferences.

Cutting Sanford out rules out a lot, especially when talking about going to SF. However my father had what we thought was a heart thing (stayed 4 days) and received probably some of the worst care I have heard of in a hospital. He is currently fighting a bone infection in his thumb (possiably going to have to take it off at the first knuckle) due to Sanford's incompetent treatment.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Would you care to explain what happened, Kit? Nursing of physician related?

And what type of Dr. are you looking for?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The first time we thought was a heart attack. Apparently it was some sort of vertigo related to some thing that broke off in his inner ear? Basically the world was spinning even without sitting up/moving. During this stay they came in to get him to take him to a test (ending up being a CT, we didn't have a clue the doc ordered a CT) with a wheelchair... guy can't even sit up without getting sick and puking. One day they end up moving him from the bed and one of the nurses end up stepping on the catheter when trying to move him.. the Cath also ended up filling up since the bag wasn't changed, so bad that the urine was crusted around the tip of his business since that was the only place for it to go. The last thing I remember (he will tell you of more issues if you get him going) was that after the CT they decided he need a stint in. So they ask him if he wants to be in a study group for a 0.7mm stint (I think that was the size). Anyway, after learning more he declined. Found out later from his card that they put in a 0.7mm stint....

ETA: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)

On his thumb, he cut the tip off on a table saw. No bone, just the very tip. He goes to the local emergency room (Sanford branded) where the NP sees it back on. Went to Mitchell (Avera) like a month later to see how the healingwas going, when they took the bandage off the tip of his thumb come off with it. Turns out they never irrigated it at the ER he went to. Only to later find out that they makes it down as being bitten by a bat. Complete with the reminder to get rabies shots. Mitchell thought there was no bone infection and cleaned it up. I understand that they told him the end of this thumb will regrow and the cut part will sluff off. On last check up though it didn't sound like the infection was all out, so we wait I guess. He cut his thumb on June 9.

I am just looking for a GP and an allergist.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for replying. I am in nursing school and always looking to learn. Sounds like some fucked up care

My Dr. works in the McGreevy Clinic Avera on the main campus.

Dr. Roberto Anel. Easy to work with and never a problem getting in. They all have their quirks, but he has been good for me. Muscle/tendon problems, some asthma related stuff, all my nursing school entrance stuff. Overall happy with him. He went to med school in the Phillipines if that matters to you
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for replying. I am in nursing school and always looking to learn. Sounds like some fucked up care

My Dr. works in the McGreevy Clinic Avera on the main campus.

Dr. Roberto Anel. Easy to work with and never a problem getting in. They all have their quirks, but he has been good for me. Muscle/tendon problems, some asthma related stuff, all my nursing school entrance stuff. Overall happy with him. He went to med school in the Phillipines if that matters to you
View Quote
I will have to give him a look at. Doesn't matter to me where they are from.... In fact I kind of believe that Doc's trained and had residency outside of the US system are probably better than US ones. I believe that that experience give them a different way of looking at things. I would guess that they are more likely to be used to doing more with less also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top