Jon
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Which direction do you want to travel?

200 miles west in Bismarck
250 miles east to Harris
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
SOUNDS LIKE BISMARK AND HARRSION MN ? CAN YOU GIVE ANY KIND OF DIRCECTIONS  OR NAME OF THE PLACES AND HOURS THERE OPEN. THANKS. MARTY
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are club owned ranges, and there is probably a restricted use of the long ranges to those who are approved to shoot at these distances.  Without membership you are probably SOL, and restricted to Palma or F Class matches.
Gopher Rifle and Revolver http://66.253.126.139/grrc/
Bismark Mandan Rifle and Pistol Assn http://www.bmrpa.org/

Shooting 1000 yd ranges is not for the amatuer rifleman.  It would be better for you to learn how to shoot Service Rifle at 200 300 and 600.  Most people really learn a lot about shooting.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in knowing too!

Jon

Well, if you were up on clubs and shooting you may know......
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]
BIS has an excellent 1,000 yard range, but as others have said, you must be a member of the club.  They also usually have registered matches and shoots going on, so it can be very difficult to get range time on your own.  

That said, it's a great group of guys in BIS and you'd be more than welcome to come out and shoot F-Class or Palma with them.  They should already have a pretty good idea of when the next registered matches are going to be.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I know the right people, and I know that most people are not ready to shoot at 1k!  You need solid optics with the scope and mount capabale of getting out that far, and or iron sights with solid zero's.  Not something the noob shoot has......
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
we have a 1000 yard gong just west of Mobridge SD on private land.  you have to ask or have someone whos a club member go with you but its open range otherwise.  ill second the guys who say 1000 yards isnt for newbs. ive shot it with my 45-70 and 8mm mauser but it took some ranging shots to get there.

SW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top