Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:30:07 PM EDT
I was looking over the ND CCW laws and noticed that I, at the age of 19, can apply for a permit.  It was my understanding that I couldn't do that unless I was 21, as you must be 21 almost anywhere to buy a handgun or ammo.  Being from WI, I can posses a handgun at 18 but I cannot buy one.  Is this the case in ND?

I'll be calling next week to find out what the scoop is with obtaining a non-resident permit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's correct, you can get a CCW without being 21.  Silly isn't it.  Get your 21+ year old friend to buy a gun, he can legally sell it to you in a face to face transaction, and get your permit.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]
dont forget ammo.

I had to have my dad buy the gun and the ammo till i hit 21

same in south dakota
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:39:55 AM EDT
[#3]
There's parents/friends, or if no one is around, find one of the homeless guys that hangs out in front of wal-mart, offer him a couple dollars to go in and be the 21+ year old while you buy ammo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
No worries about the gun/ammo deal.  I'm filling my application out as I type!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
all you have to do is go to walmart and say the ammo is for a rifle. In my case a 9mm converted AR or a Ruger PC4 that uses .40 cal. They are never smart enough to know the difference. Ive never been turned down in 2 years of doing it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top