Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 5:36:56 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me, or give me a website or phone number that will tell me if my MN CCW permit allows me to legally carry in ND and/or SD.

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/cjis/documents/carrypermit/States.html

That is the site that shows which states CCW's that MN honors- Louisianna, Wyoming, and Michigan.

I think we want your money for out of state permits.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The number for the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation is (701)328-5500.

They handle concealed weapon permits.

The info I have doesn't list MN as a valid state. It may have been produced too close to when MN became a CCW state.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
SD and MN have reciprocity as of June 1, so your CCP is good in SD.

I do not think ND honors MN's CCP at this time.

full info:
http://www.packing.org
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
MN is not listed on the SD State site www.state.sd.us/sos/Firearms/index.htm#Reciprocity%20Agreements and the page was updated 8/28/03

Here is the ND info
North Dakota has reciprocity with the following states, which means that a North Dakota concealed weapon permit is valid while in these states, and permits from the following states are recognized as valid in North Dakota. Individuals must be familiar with and obey the laws of the state in which they are traveling.

Alabama
Alaska (must be 21 years old or older, will not recognize permits held by those ages 18 - 20)
Florida (must be age 21 or older)
Kentucky
Michigan (North Dakota residents only)
Montana
New Hampshire
South Dakota
Wyoming
Vermont (recognizes the North Dakota permit, however, the State of Vermont does not issue concealed carry permits)
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My Bad.

MN Accepts SD permits.  Not the other way around.  

In May (when permit was talked about), there was a large blurb in Sioux Falls paper that we would accept it, but that must not have panned out.

I apologize for the error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top