Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hear ads for these guys all the time ADAM
View Quote

They did my cousin,
He lost everything

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have been married 10 years or longer you are truly hosed.

You can fight for custody if she is a bad actor, alcohol abuse, drugs, etc. If you have child custody, she has to pay you support.

Lawyers and the courts have very little leeway on how divorces are settled.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not go to Adam.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't happen fast enough

Only thing that will help now is prayers
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds dismal.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear. If you have kids don’t settle for anything less than joint custody (50-50) I’ve seen a few guys screwed over by accepting less than 50-50. Child support is partially based on how much you have them
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm less than a year out from a divorce in a 13 year marriage.  I called numerous lawyers and got the "free consultation" then downloaded and used the prognosticator app the courts and lawyers use but claim they don't follow.  I then drew up terms, my wife took them to a lawyer of her choosing for a consult who said "looks legit" (I'm over simplifying obviously) and we both used one lawyer to submit the terms to court.  We were done in about 90 days for a total of about $1500, and that's with an 8 year old involved.

Michigan uses a formula to calculate spousal support - 1/3 the difference in income for 1/3 the length of marriage.  Education, disability, etc can have a minor effect on that also.  Child support values are very cut and dry.

I'm happy to share more details, or even just listen if you want to chat, feel free to PM me.  It doesn't have to be tens of thousands of dollars and many months/years in the making, that is self-inflicted damage, but it admittedly only takes one person to trigger the slide.

I didn't want it to happen and now I'm rebuilding my life but it feels much better to be out the other side.  Most days, anyway.

@GlockLuvinRedleg
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm less than a year out from a divorce in a 13 year marriage.  I called numerous lawyers and got the "free consultation" then downloaded and used the prognosticator app the courts and lawyers use but claim they don't follow.  I then drew up terms, my wife took them to a lawyer of her choosing for a consult who said "looks legit" (I'm over simplifying obviously) and we both used one lawyer to submit the terms to court.  We were done in about 90 days for a total of about $1500, and that's with an 8 year old involved.

Michigan uses a formula to calculate spousal support - 1/3 the difference in income for 1/3 the length of marriage.  Education, disability, etc can have a minor effect on that also.  Child support values are very cut and dry.

I'm happy to share more details, or even just listen if you want to chat, feel free to PM me.  It doesn't have to be tens of thousands of dollars and many months/years in the making, that is self-inflicted damage, but it admittedly only takes one person to trigger the slide.

I didn't want it to happen and now I'm rebuilding my life but it feels much better to be out the other side.  Most days, anyway.

@GlockLuvinRedleg
View Quote

It literally doesnt matter at this point,
They fucked up serving me and I didn't end up with all the documents until the counter period was over.

I'm fucked all the way around anyway, and just don't fucking care at this point.
16 years and 10s of thousands of dollars gone,
Along with the only woman I ever actually fully emotionally invested myself into.

I'm a fucking crippled up 43 year old on mil retirement who can't hold a real job because of the issues associated with my injuries whos usefulness ran out once she got her masters and a job making 3x what I do.

I just want this over with so everyone isn't rubbing my face non stop  in how stupid I am,  and how i have virtually nothing that anyone wants, except a check and insurance
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They fucked up serving me and I didn't end up with all the documents until the counter period was over.

I'm fucked all the way around anyway, and just don't fucking care at this point.
Along with the only woman I ever actually fully emotionally invested myself into.

I'm a fucking crippled up 43 year old on mil retirement who can't hold a real job because of the issues associated with my injuries whos usefulness ran out once she got her masters and a job making 3x what I do.

I just want this over with so everyone isn't rubbing my face non stop  in how stupid I am,  and how i have virtually nothing that anyone wants, except a check and insurance
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GlockLuvinRedleg

Sorry man, that's shitty.  I could be mistaken but I recall you relocated to the area not long ago.  If you want to grab a bite or a beer, happy to do so.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Can't you appeal that on the grounds you didn't get due process?

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Take one day at a time and make your best decisions in the moment.

So sorry for this to happen to you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent you a DM to see how you are doing

I am hoping for the best
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm alive,
Life is currently hard as fuck,

If I'd known I was gonna have to do all of this on just my income I'd of planned a lot of stuff different
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm alive,
Life is currently hard as fuck,

If I'd known I was gonna have to do all of this on just my income I'd of planned a lot of stuff different
View Quote

Keep your head up my man, and please don't feel too proud to reach out for help. Men get the shaft all too often in these situations and I can only imagine the frustration

If you are near Grand Rapids at all I got some drinks with your name on em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top