Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 3:15:55 PM EDT
Open Carry Ban at the Capitol.

Gotta love Michigan how it's sliding downward.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Never let a crisis go to waste.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I know emotions are high but considering we have a dem as a governor, lets stop giving them reasons..

Now is the time to seriously think better and smarter
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know emotions are high but considering we have a dem as a governor, lets stop giving them reasons..

Now is the time to seriously think better and smarter
View Quote

This is from back in the lockdown protest era of 2020.

She was told that her authority ended after 30 days and a “judge” decided that she could continue anyways. They were trying to have a closed session vote. People wanted to overhear this vote.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]
California of the Midwest... right behind illinois
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this decision have the force of law?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does this decision have the force of law?
View Quote

Yes. Unless you can get it thrown out on appeal.

IMO there is zero reason to carry firearms on Capital property, but that's just me. Eventually someone will use it as cover to commit an atrocity. The Capital is probably the most well protected building in the state.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IMO there is zero reason to carry firearms on Capital property, but that's just me. Eventually someone will use it as cover to commit an atrocity. The Capital is probably the most well protected building in the state.

View Quote

I mean, really, no one needs a firearm anywhere.  The mere allowance of a firearms causes good people to do bad things.  And bad people won't do bad things if someone says they can't do bad things.

Actually, only people the State decides are worthy should be allowed firearms.  Yes, that would be best.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean public property?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll bite.

Should I leave my gun in my car in Lansing or at home?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, there is. Politicians think we work for them and not the other way around. While it's not a First option, using the 2nd Amendment as an option to remove them when they no longer represent our interests definitely IS an option. That's why it's there.  

Entering the capitol building and making beligerent assholes of themselves is why the last group forced this change. I was going in the capitol building many years ago with an AR and pistol open carried before it was safe and fashionable to do, as were others. The difference is that we didn't threaten then with our behavior.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Meanwhile other states are passing Constitutional carry and protection from future federal gun ban laws.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top