Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 1:06:26 PM EDT
Just curious what color you guys think blends in the best when outdoors in MI. Olive Drab, Foliage Green, Dark Earth? I realize color for looks is a personal thing, but what color would blend in the best overall in your opinion?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going for solid colors, I think that FDE, foliage green or OD green look good. You could even do that in some sort of combo.

Honestly I don't like painting guns, but if you go that route and do a complete camo job, a lot of paintball fans LOVE predator camo. My uncle swears by predator when bow hunting and paintball - he wears a light-print predator t-shirt over a darker pattern predator long-sleeve shirt, it off-sets your torso.... It makes you hard to see even semi-exposed because human eyes are looking for something blocking light, and if you see lighter colors with the foliage it doesn't look like anything is blocking the light....

Also, considering camos usually have seasonal patterns, if you go with solid colors instead of camo paint pick your colors based on the season/environment you'll be in most.

EDIT: There was a guy on here a while back, can't remember when or his name, but he had a thread showing his paint jobs on different AR15 rifles. I think he was doing it in camo patterns and solid colors, but he was picking the paint both for how well it concealed, as well as how well it worked in night vision. His pics in the day vs. nightvision were unbelievable! With NV those guns were straight invisible, even propped against a white fence!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I get burlap and cut it into 2' squares, then pull the squares apart into string. I then lay out the string and paint that, before tying it onto my rifles to match where I am hunting.
The burlap breaks up the outline of the rifle and makes movement less obvious, along with making the rifle a little more comfortable to hold in the winter if you don't like heavy gloves.

You can also wrap a couple layers of medical gauze or an ACE bandage around the rifle and paint that, then just roll it up when you change the rifle's color.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the cling wrap type camo tape and it works very well. Doesn't mar the guns finish. Easy to change colors. I have three diferent ones. One with green for summer. Grey and brown for fall. White and black for winter. I've used them for four seasons and they are still going strong. However, I dont recommend wraping the barrel as it can effect long range accuracy.

For all around MI colors, just take a look outside. Greys and browns about every season. The broom straw painting method works well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies guys
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
ATACS FG or Pencott Green Zone or Badlands. As close to optical camo from the Predator movies as I've ever seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top