Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 5:09:01 AM EDT
Well, thought I would give an AAR on the ACTS shoot from this month (yesterday).
Weather was drizzly/rainy for the whole match time.
COF were lots of fun, and a little more "involved" than last month.
things I learned.....you cant do transitions or mag changes worth a sh!t with a parka on, and btw some parkas loose the ability to shed water and you end up wet anyhow.

the FAL is fun to run, but a straight 6x scope can make target acquisition a tad difficult at times especially when prone and trying to shoot under a barrier, read lying pone on your side and shooting under the barrier, shooting prone off your back over the barrier.

getting to shoot the insurgents and take their weapons is great, how did the insurgents get such nice weapons anyhow (Garand, and AK with micro red dot).
the XCR was zeroed well and shot well.

the dummy we had to drag on the last stage I'm sure weighed more than it did when we started, I think we were the last squad through, and i'm sure it soaked up some water.

Pasters get gooey when they get wet.

my short term memory is still ok...i remembered all 5 items from the table, and still do : )

Its fun and especially gratifying to be able to shoot guns that you built and or customized in a match and have them run good, my FAL had one malfunction and it was shooter induced. the G22 ran fine as always...and get this, it didn't explode! (probably in the neighborhood of 5k or so through it).

Had a great time, the RSO's did a really good job. it was a learning experience shooting in the rain, I really enjoyed the more involved stages.

I didn't shoot as well as last month, but I blame that on the optic and the poncho.

thanks again to all the guys at the ACTS, great bunch of guys, sorry I had to bug out after the last stage, I had an appointment in Albion. then Howard city after that, then back home here to Montague.

Is there anyway to get a copy of the COF? the ones that were typed up and used for each stage?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
This was my first time out had a good time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yesterday was fun..I should probably have waited another month, though. Glad to see all the new folks..kind of weird having more new shooters than regulars but cool.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The match was very well planned and executed.  At ACTS we try to present challenges to bring folks out of their comfort zone and have them do and shoot things they have never encountered before.  Stan did a fantastic job on this match and I really enjoyed it, even with the rain and my bad back.

It was really nice to see new faces and they were impressive in their gun handling skills and safety in the face of the rain and the physical challenges of this match.

I hope the new shooters return for future matches and if anyone else is considering an ACTS match please come out and shoot.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish I'd have been able to make it! I have already applied(I work regular weekends at my employer) for the 2nd weekend of October off...I will be there. I had a riot. I've recently picked up a MSAR E4...I'm thinking about bringing that to the next shoot. I just want to get a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it functions reliably and get the RDS zeroed.

Rotty: You replied in my "I shot my first ACTS shoot" thread...yeah that was me. I was glad that both you and I "noobs" were in the same group together.

See you guys in October!!

-D2V
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top