Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 2:37:09 AM EDT
Heard it on WRIF this morning, Lapeer county sheriff to auction off an M16 purchased in the 70's for hostage standoffs never been used in a hostage situation only fired at the range.

Hoping to get $17,000

Linky
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
It made the front page of FoxNews.com today

Cash-Strapped Michigan Sheriff's Department Auctioning Machine Gun

Gotta love the idiots they quote in the article....

"The fact that a law enforcement agency is selling a dangerous weapon is appalling," said Shikha Hamilton, president of the Michigan chapter of the Million Mom March, a gun control group.

They sold their fully auto AR's a couple mths back as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I love reading some of the crap the anti-gunners write.

Case 1

This will surely end up in the hands of some crack drug dealer, as someone else will buy it for them.

Ahem....lets see, extensive background check, money costs , CLEO signoff ect....

Yep , hey crack dealer, I ll ruin my life, my families life, my family reputation for lets say...... $500, or better yet give me $1000 and I ll do all the leg work for you so you can get a legal mg.

What a load. Just goes to show, if you stick you head in the mud deep enough , your brain must fall out due to the suction when you decide to join the rest of the living world and pull your head out.

I bet one of the early release life criminals Granhole is going to let out will buy it. He is probably bidding on it right now from his jail cell......
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
SHe was on ABC 12 news tonight.  They forget to mention she was presidnet of the anti gunners
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
At least the County is being fiscally responsible,and doing the right thing,instead of doing the PC act of destroying an "evil" gun..

Now if only I could scrape up the cashola!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just reading USA Today and flipped through the state by state news... figured I'd take a look at what company is moving out of Michigan today.  The Michigan one read like an ad for the auction, but it said might fetch $1700, not $17,000... I wouldn't have thought a law enforcement agency would bother having a transferable MG, when they could just get a post-sample one, right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wouldn't have thought a law enforcement agency would bother having a transferable MG, when they could just get a post-sample one, right?

When they bought it, there was no such thing as a post-sample. They were all transferable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah, the good old days!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top