Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:33:21 PM EDT
Hey fellas,

I just came from the gander mtn. in waterford...
I worked there 3 yrs ago for about 7 months and when i worked there they hesitated to stock M1 carbines because they were too "Tactical".
Now i go in there and they have two bushmaster 16 inchers and a FN P90!!!???? WTF M8???

I also picked up some M855 5.56 x 45mm 62 grain Ball ammo for about 19 cents a round before taxes, i got 10 boxes of 20 for a total of 100 rounds of fine quality 5.56 ammo for under 45 bucks for the 100 rounds.

They are lucky i could only spend about 40 bucks on ammo this month or id have cleaned them out!!

Just thought the community might like to know.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ten boxes of 20 rounds each should equal 200 rounds.  Sounds like an even better deal.....congrats
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What make/brand was the ammo?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
ADCOM Manfacturing ltd.

I shot a box of 20 saturday at the pit and it worked great!

I had never shot that large of a bullet outta my AR-180B, it kicked more but it felt good.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up! I just went to the one in Flint and bought 500 rnds of the M855's. I'll try them out today and see how they work. If they work good, you can't beat $3.99 a box for M855. Only thing I don't like is they are made in UAE.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh I drive by that store now on the way home from work. I might be stopping off soon!

Adcom M855? Is it good stuff? Never heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
United Arab Emriates(sp?) manufactured stuff.
I bough a case from Aim Surplus back this spring when it was $145 a thousand but I have not shot any yet. Looks nice but I have heard there were several different vintages and some of it was problematic. This is what I recall and could be completely incorrect though so take it for what it is worth. I am heading there tonight maybe and I may grab some too just for the heck of it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My gander mountain had 3 bushmaster AR-15s and two or three armalite ar-10s just a couple of weeks ago.  I was impressed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The rounds shot fine but I cannot vouch for their accuracy as I was at the pit, ill have to get to a more controlled range to properly test to see how accurate they are from my rifle.

They look like good quality cases but the primers have a red wax like ring around the outside which ive never seen before, and no im not very pleased they are made in U.A.E. either. Could be worse though…. Cheap 5.56 ammo is cheap 5.56 ammo no matter what Arab nation manufactures it.

Heres a few pics i snapped for anybiody wondering what they look like before runn out and buying any....

If they still have any left by this time two weeks from now when i get paid again i might have to pickup another hundred rounds or so to keep myself stocked up for the zombies when they get here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
AT least UAE has been a real allie of ours.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
AT least UAE has been a real allie of ours.

+1

A moderate Arab country that has been supportive on the GWOT.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:58:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Earlier this year they had Wolf on sale, forget the price.  This was before they got their AR's.  I told the guy I wanted 40 boxes, he looked at me and said "I wonder about you guys that think they really need a weapon like that!".  He was an old timer.  I would go check it out but I think my upper only handles 223.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top