Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:15:11 AM EDT
I have just begun to get interested in building AKs.  I have some money coming to me that I plan on putting towards a few kits.   I would like to get a side folder and an underfolder to work on.  Things is MI has some messed up laws where a rifle isn't an SBR it's a pistol unless ladeedahdah in which case it's an SBR ladeedahdah.... Basically I'm asking if I can buy a kit and build it or do I have to wait until I finish college and move to build one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, yes you can. Just make sure completed length folded is over 26 inches.

Longer answer, check with the gun officer of your local PD on registering as a pistol. While it is done and legal, I am not sure all municipalities are up on this and it would REALLY suck if it became a problem. So, simply ask the guy who registers guns where you live, "can I register a folding stock AK as a pistol"? Chances are you will find no resistance.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
who ever you have do the transfer on the receiver make sure it logged in as a pistol
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a nice YUGO M-92 Krinkov parts set with both long and short flashiders. So you could build this kit up into either a pistol or with the long flash hider - a perfectly legal 16" barrel semi auto rifle. Of course if you build a pistol you need an end cap for the ak receiver. You will need semi auto fire control group. I'm not sure what the overall length would end up with the underfolding stock folded.

But I will sell this super nice like brand spanky new only been test fired by the Yugo's parts set to a Michigan guy who I don't have to ship it to for $520 cash and thats a deal. I have it listed for $565 on the sturm board.

email me [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top