Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 5:58:47 PM EDT
I live in Plymouth, off of North Territorial and M-14 and the neighbor said there's a range nearby but he doesn't know where.  My mom said she heard shooting, but didn't know where it was coming from.  Where is this place?  Is it a club or public?  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but maybe Tri-County Sportsmens League.  Private range, but usually they allow anyone to shoot at their matches.  I shot a couple of IDPA matches there last year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
wayne county/state police has a range in Plymouth from what i have heard. McM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome To Michigan  PigGuy
Its a great State, We have a great bunch of guys here
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The MSP/Corrections range is on six mile near Beck rd. I used to do my qualifying for the PD i worked for out there. It's near the Scott correctional facility.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, no worries. If she needs a place to shoot, we can help out with that as well.

Welcome to da hoodI am in Canton my self, my father lives on seven mile out that way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Western Wayne Conservation Club is on Napier just s/of 5 mile
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilst in college I tried to get into western wayne, but at the time they were an 'old boy for the well off' club who would not even take an app from a young vet college student.

They may have opened up since then.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Western Wayne Conservation Club is on Napier just s/of 5 mile

Ah, thank you! I think you nailed it... that's what my neighbor said, he thought it was off of Napier.  I'll have to look into that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
We train out there once a month.......nice ranges and a nice club house.  HOWEVER, some of the old timers there are not the friendliest bunch............especially to anyone under 50 yrs old
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We train out there once a month.......nice ranges and a nice club house.  HOWEVER, some of the old timers there are not the friendliest bunch............especially to anyone under 50 yrs old

Hahahaha...yeah ghillieman, I guess I know all about that don't I!?!?!?!?!

I also live in Ply Twp and just off N Territorial...yeah it is Western Wayne Conservation Club.  They have a 25/50 yd, 100 yd and 200 yd range.  It is a private range, but you can sign up and you'll prob get accepted.  Its like $250 a year but you can shoot anytime you want (bet 10am-5pm).  

I can hear the rounds going off sometime also.  It sounds like someone hammering on a new house far away most of the time, but sometimes alittle louder.  From my location it is never offensive..but I notice it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not sure, but maybe Tri-County Sportsmens League.  Private range, but usually they allow anyone to shoot at their matches.  I shot a couple of IDPA matches there last year.

As you have already heard it's not Tri-County.  I'm a member there and we are nowhere close (1/2 hour drive?).  We are just south of Ann Arbor close to Saline.

However, we are very welcoming to new members if you or any one else is looking for a place to shoot.  IIRC $80-95 for a yearly membership $20 one time new member initiation fee and either $5 day to shoot or $40/year for unlimited shooting.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top