Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 8:16:27 AM EDT
Do I have to take the classes over, and go through all of the other requirement hurdles?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to certify that you have spent time on the range and stayed current with the law. There is no formal training requirement.

You are screwed however, Wayne county takes 4-ever to process renewals.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to take an update class and go through all the garbage all over again.
I got mine 3 days before it exspired. It took almost 5 months.

P.S. You don't have to put your SS # on anything. Finger print card or application.
 I did'nt for privacy reasons.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You need to take an update class and go through all the garbage all over again.
I got mine 3 days before it exspired. It took almost 5 months.

P.S. You don't have to put your SS # on anything. Finger print card or application.
 I did'nt for privacy reasons.

Sparky:  the spark ain't very strong, is it?

If EITHER your original class or the "refresher" class implied/said that, I'd demand my money back wondering just how much other BS they gave me.

THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR NEEDING TO TAKE A RENEWAL CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pighelmet, Delta has it right on both counts.

Tim
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Garand06 is correct!    

They got me for 75 big ones!!

5. For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal:

* Pistol safety training course is not required
       * Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has:

* Completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course since receiving his/her license and that the review included firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't feel bad Sparky38, additional training is a good idea for new CPL holders. The legally mandated training barely scratches the surface.

It's a shame you were lied to. Someone ought to do something about the (few and far between) unscrupulous trainers telling folks they MUST attend training for renewals.

Many CPL holders need additional training but tricking them into going is dishonest and, probably, illegal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
So, Can I hurry and fill out this paprework and be safe when my re-newed permit is appoved. Or, Do I just say screw it and do it all over after next month?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't wait. The sooner you get the ball rolling the sooner you can begin the LONG, TEDIOUS wait.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont know about your CCW, but yes you are screwed for living in Wayne County......it's the armpit of the state.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Im not sure about the renewal wait, but I recently applyed for a NEW CPL and was approved in 45 days, took about 2 more weeks for the letter to arrive, but I believe the 6 and 9 months long waits are haulted atleast for the time being..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have to go in front of the board again to re-up or is it all in the mail?

(I need to go pick up an info packet ...)

I'm in Macomb if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do you have to go in front of the board again to re-up or is it all in the mail?

(I need to go pick up an info packet ...)

I'm in Macomb if that makes any difference.

You may or may not, they do call some in. I don't know if it's random or what. I live in Macomb also and have had a permit for about 13 years I guess. Believe it or not I have never been in front of the board. That includes my original permit. I originally had a permit for hunting and target shooting and when I renewed I applied for a general permit and it went right through with no board hearing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top