Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:16:49 AM EDT
Has anyone appeared there?  What happens at the meetings?  My friend had left a pistol in a rental car by negligence and they want him to go next month.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Ruh-Roh!

No Idea, but I can only think of two reasons they want him to appear: 1) they are having a review meeting to determine his ability ot retain his permit, or 2)they are expecting him to surrender it-you are required to physically surrender it to the board when it's revoked.

Or Both.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your friend is in deep doo-doo!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Remind him to take plenty of KY and a lot of humility.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So he went before the board today.  Had to wait for a while and there were a hundred or so people in there.  He had a letter which said he had to show for just cause or failure to show would result in a revoked license.

He said some people brought lawyers and they went first.  One dude was a real ass and started to argue with the board members.  I dont think that is too smart.  A lot of people with denials due to past transgressions and arrests.

One dude left his gun at a bank.  He got a stern warning and was told to not do it again or lose the license.  Same with my buddy.  He got a slap on the wrist and no more foulups or its kaput.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top