Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:03:48 PM EDT
I will be leaving tomorrow morning and coming out for a NASCAR weekend.  I may take my laptop with me to the hotel hoping they have upgraded to free internet access by now.  I will be staying in Battle Creek.   Let me know if any of you will be going to the races or want to try and hook up.

I pay a visit to MI every fall for the races.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in BC, whereabouts ya stayin?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
In all honesty, I don't know.  The hotel has changed names almost every year we have been there.  I think it may be a Ramada or a Radison now.

There is a donut shop and liquer store right next door to it.  I'm heading out the door right now to pick up a couple friends and be on my way.  I'll grab my laptop and see if I can get online.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Rammada on Beckley.

I work for the father of the guy who owns the Liquer store on the corner.
The doughnut shop is Sweetwater. Best damned doughnuts in the time zone.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I checked into my room next door at the Ramada.   Lane closures and construction were hell on the way here.  I feel sorry for the guys that are coming out after work tomorrow.

ETA:
I'm sure my group and I will be in and out going to the races and such but if anyone wants to hook-up, send me an IM
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I do have a question...

Why the hell are you staying in Battle Creek to attend a race in Brooklyn some 60 miles away?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Because it's very hard to get rooms anywhere.  We actually got to get reservations here a couple years ago instead of Kalamazoo.  We keep looking for things closer and most of my clan is not the "camp out in a tent" style.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top