Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 3:23:20 AM EDT
Will I be able to drive to Canada on Sept 14 and buy high capacity Ruger 10-22 mags and legally bring them back across the border? I know there might be a duty to pay but it should be legal right?I know of a couple shops that carry them for around $17 Canadian.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be no law against it.

If you do, Please send me 3 or 4,  I will pay $20 apiece, plus shipping.

Serious.

Thanks.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
"Oh Canada...source of 22 hi-cap Butler Creek mags....."

Maybe Walmart will start carrying them over here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I just thought since they were already in stock in Canada and since the money exchange rate is really in my favor it would be worth the trip. Besides who knows how long it will be before US stores have them in stock and if they will be able to kep them in stock right after the ban sunsets. Wallyworld will probably have four per store.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of  people buying BC mags and bringing them back when the exchange rate was around 50%. That was before 9/11 when travel back and forth was less restrictive. In fact, I was at Gilbralter Trade Center around that time and saw some Butler Creek steel lip 10/22 mags that looked to have had all the markings sanded off. Guy said they were prebans. Yeah right.

I might just happen to have a lunch meeting in Windsor on the 14th, I 'll have to double check my schedule.

BTW, I suspect that places like Cheaper than Dirt and Tapco will be stocking up on these and have them ready to ship ASAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top