User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 3:54:03 PM EDT
Sept 14th Sunday

Livingston Gun Club
2003 3-Gun format

Rules: USPSA 14th  Edition.

Format: Rifle, Pistol, & Shotgun, IPSC 3-gun

Squads: All shooters will be divided into equal squad sizes, as per the standard LGC match procedure.  All shooters will have the opportunity to shoot all stages.  Pistol and Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) shooters are allowed to shoot the stages that are set up for rifle and shotgun only if the stages are set up on a baffled range. Stages on non-baffled ranges cannot be engaged with handguns or PCC.

3-gun shooters: There will be 6 or 7 stages of fire.  Stages may require use of a single gun type or multiple guns.  Multiple gun stages will require a shooter to transition from one gun to another.  Be prepared to bring all your gear to every stage, as it may be needed.  Stages requiring multiple firearms will have safe locations in which to deposit empty firearms during the course of the stage.  Tactical slings may not be used in lieu of the provided tables as locations for securing empty long guns during a multi-gun stage.  You must place your rifle or shotgun on the table, and may not sling it to continue the stage.

PCC & Pistol: Shooters wishing to shoot the match with pistol or PCC may do so.  Pistol and PCC shooters are allowed to shoot the stages that are set up for rifle and shotgun, only if those stages are set up on a baffled range.  The course description will be modified for pistol and PCC shooters.  Even though Pistol and PCC shooters may not engage stages on non-baffled ranges, they must stay with their squad and assist in the stage procedure on those ranges.  Pistol and PCC shooters may not leave the squad until they (Pistol & PCC) have completed all their stages.  Those competitors wishing to shoot only shotgun or only rifle must also continue with their squads even through the handgun-only stages.

Re-entry: Since 3-gun matches are generally longer than handgun matches, re-entry of a shooter or gun will not be allowed.  In particular, PCC shooters may not shoot Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun and also PCC in addition to their rifle entry.  Please reserve PCC multiple entries for the handgun-only matches.

Divisions: Open, Standard and Composite divisions will be recognized for the club-level 3-gun matches.  All pistol divisions will be recognized for the pistol match.  Open and Standard division definitions can be found in section 12 of the USPSA Rule Book 14th Edition 2001.

Combined: Shooters who have only one firearm in Open division will be scored in Composite.  Shooters who have 2 or 3 guns in Open will be scored in Open.  Shooters who have 3 Limited or Standard guns will be scored in Standard. A PCC may be used as a rifle in the 3-gun match, scored Minor.

Scoring:  The match will be scored as 2 matches, 3-gun and pistol/PCC.  Results will be posted accordingly.  

Ammunition:

Rifle – No Armor piercing, tracer or incendiary ammunition is allowed.  Steel targets are unlikely to be used in the matches.

Shotgun – Advance notification will be given if slugs are required. In case you don’t get the word, however, it would be prudent to keep ten or twenty slugs in your range bag.  Buckshot will not be needed, and is not allowed on ranges lacking baffles.  Any birdshot load should be sufficient to deal with the targets.

Handgun – As per USPSA Rule Book 14th Edition 2001.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been wanting to join up over there but their web site disappeared a while back.

Did they switch to a new one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's there new web address.  come on out this Sunday

http://www.livingstongunclub.org/
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoulda been able to guess that one.

Can't make it this Sunday. Gotta go fix my Aunt's computer.

I'll check the schedule now that I have the URL and get out for some of the pistol matches.

You ever been to the pit in Lapeer?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You-all missed a very fun match. A total of 8 courses of fire, 2 rifle (24 and 39 round count) , 3 shotgun (11,13 and 11 round count) and 3 pistol (95 rounds)  

Weather held up till we were done.

You guys have the equipment so bring it out to one of our (Livingston Gun Club)matches and see what you can do against your buddies in a safe, friendly and competitive venue.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Pencil me in for the 28th. I'll be the fat guy with the bewildered look and the ARFCOM t-shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top