Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
Bring your toys and ammo!

Next pit Shoot Sunday the 27th of July at 10:00am.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm game.

Who else?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I shal request the day off tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The machine gun guys (Myself included) will be doing another range clean up and shoot on the 19th of July. I will probably be recooping from my tonsilectomy on the 27th.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The machine gun guys (Myself included) will be doing another range clean up and shoot on the 19th of July. I will probably be recooping from my tonsilectomy on the 27th.

What time does the range clean-up start?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
MM, Sound good. I missed BulletFest due to work(Damn!), but DID conjure up enough money for a New Aimpoint Comp, Aimpoint QRP mount and an ARMS #40 BUIS that are dying to be zeroed in.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Aww nuts......

The 19th is my weekend to work. Y'all have fun and I will see ya on the 27th.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably around 10AM
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Im kinda new hear...and this would be my First "pit" experience. But was wondering What should i bring.. and kinda what to expect. Thanks
-Mark
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Im kinda new hear...and this would be my First "pit" experience. But was wondering What should i bring.. and kinda what to expect. Thanks
-Mark

Bring:
Guns,Ammo,Gun Gear,Eyes,ears,beverages, and a big ass grin...kinda like this:

Expect friendly folks, LOUD noises, Ventilated appliances and the floor littered in shell casings!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Gridlox....Depending on the time of day, there could be little to no shade. The pit is located right next to the woods so bugs can be an issue depending on the time of day and weather conditions. There are no benches so you will have to bring your own if you so desire. If you plan to shoot prone, I highly advise you bring a blanket or mat. This is also a good idea as it gives you a place to set your weapon(s) down when not shooting.

Because it gets damn hot out there, I advise a small cooler with something to drink. Lunch might be a good idea as well.

If you plan to walk around in the target area (most folks do) to set targets, make sure you wear tennis shoes at the minimum. There are a lot of sharp objects out there so sandles are not a good idea. Watch where you step.

Here is what you should bring at the minimum...
Guns
Ammo
Eye & Ear protection
Something to drink

Everything else is just an add on to make your experience more comfortable. As for me, I will probably bring a bunch of junk (sun shelter, table, cooler, chair, etc.), but then again, I will probably be there most of the day.

Check out this thread to see pictures from our first shoot back in January www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=39&t=168363&w=searchPop This should give you an idea of what the place looks like.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]
A NOTE ON PARKING.....

If the lot is full when you arrive, please park all cars along the east side of the road (same side the pit is on). If cars are parked along both sides of the road, the Sherriffs dept will make us move.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Alrgiht...Cool... somewhat simular to bulletfest so ...yea ill be there :-) thx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top