Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 9:17:38 AM EDT
There's a saying that a friend of mine from Illinois had:  In Illinios, there's only 3 places, Springfield, Chicago, then the rest is southern Illinios.  I paraphrase it to:  In Michigan, there's Lansing, Detroit, then the rest of Michigan.

The local news had an article on Granholm's tour of sites where tourism is a major part of their economy.  Southwest Michigan has been left out of the tour altogether.  The newscaster also speculated that the predominately Republican voting record in southwest Michigan may be a factor.  From what I understand of the state tour, other than Mackinac Island, the rest of the tour is based around the Lansing and Detroit area.  Since when is Democrat country worth visiting?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Where you at in MI?

I was born and raised in South Haven.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Buchanan.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!! Finally someone I am close to!! I live in Berrien Springs!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot at Bend in the River.  Ever go down to the Sportsman's club?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive shot there before.

You know any of the PD guys at BS/O Twp PD?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ive shot there before.

You know any of the PD guys at BS/O Twp PD?

*RAISES HAND*

Yeah I know most all of them, who do you know?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Marty still there?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Marty still there?

I know officer Green, chief Kesterkee, and Milt Agee (sp?).
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I would agree!  When I was at WMU I finally found out about West Michigan.  It is the best part of this state.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Milt is still working? Isnt he older than dirt now?  The Marty Im thinking about used to work part time at the Gun and Tackle store down town.  His dad bought an HK93 off me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Milt is still working? Isnt he older than dirt now?  The Marty Im thinking about used to work part time at the Gun and Tackle store down town.  His dad bought an HK93 off me.

Yes, Milt is still there, although we have had some problems with him. Smoking a cigar at a High School football game is one.  Also, he responded when I hit a deer a few years ago, and took 3 shots to hit the deer at point blank range. Also got his cruiser (an Impala) stuck in a muddy corn field chasing some kids on ATVs. Where is the gun and tackle shop you are thinking of in Berrien? An in town FFL would be nice, I go to Farr and Sons in Niles. Are you still in the area, or in AZ as your location suggests?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope, moved to where there's no snow 6 years ago.  It was right down town.  About a block from the police station actually.  I cant remember the name, so most likely, its not there anymore.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nope, moved to where there's no snow 6 years ago.  It was right down town.  About a block from the police station actually.  I cant remember the name, so most likely, its not there anymore.

I asked my parents, they said there used to be one, but no more, no dealers in BS as far as I know, Chastains bait shop down by the dam tho.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Isn't there a place on old 31 that was selling guns, right over the river?  This was a couple years back (pre'94), but someone was telling me there was shop in B.S. that used to sell cases of 7.62x39.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top