Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 8:54:02 PM EDT
Hey all,

My folks are retired and looking at escaping Virginia to Tennessee and are interested in a lakefront property somewhere in Eastern TN, and preferably in a fairly conservative district. Figured I would ask if anyone knows any good realtors we could talk to that work the various lake areas such as Norris lake or others in the East. They are not set on a specific area yet as they are not really familiar with TN, but they read the Eastern part tends to be more conservative, plus it would be less of a drive for my sister in Pittsburgh to come down compared to further West.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Prices in general are out of sight, lake front property is way beyond that. Are they prepared for this? We have had an onslaught for years from those north of us heading down here. Prices are beyond stupid.

East TN is by far the most conservative part of the state. The further NE you go from Chattanooga the more so.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
They definitely know the housing market is way up, but on the flip side their current house close to DC is also way up in value and they want to sell it so that would offset somewhat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a house from these ladies last year. They are the best realtors I have met. Located in Bradley County, just north of Chattanooga. Contact either one or both.

[email protected]

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: but they read the Eastern part tends to be more conservative,
Thanks!
View Quote

Not necessarily true. I grew up in west TN, lived in east TN for 3 years as an adult (2014-2017) and now live in middle TN. I have worked all over the state, from Memphis to spitting distance of I-75.

There is no clear delineation between conservatives and liberals across the state from west to east. As a general rule, more affluent counties near major cities have more liberals, cities themselves have more liberals, but there are plenty of big-government types in every county across the state. The myth of rugged individualists who live in the mountains of east TN is just that, a myth. Do such people exist? yeah, just like in the rest of the state. But plenty of mountain people like those government checks every month, too.

Generalizations are usually inaccurate.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If interested in Watauga, Boone or S.Holston @ me and I will post details
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top