Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2020 12:15:05 PM EDT
The church of Latter Day Saints, has two of their LDS food storage facilities in Tennessee. They are in Nashville and knoxville. If you do not know about their food, a lot of it comes in premade large cans with a 30 year shelf-life. I went to the Nashville location this morning, they were in stock of everything from powdered milk, wheat, rice, beans, honey etc. It really is a great deal for the money. Not to mention the time is it we are in, it's a great place to stop by if you're close. I didn't know they had a place in Nasheville till yesterday. I've always ordered online. They're open Tuesdays and Saturdays.

It is a killer alternative to Sam's or your local grocery store.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I put in an order through their on-line store on March 13.  At first, it said it was processing and would ship after Monday March 23.  Then all the items went to "discontinued" but the order itself still said "processing". I wrote them a short note asking them if it would be processed and I got a response back that said essentially:  "Maybe".

So the Lesson for the Day:  Call before you go to ensure they have something to buy.  The lady in her note stated they had a run on all their items and they had no idea when they would get food back into stock.

Secondly, they are only open to the public once or twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays for the Nashville/Hendersonville store IRC).  ETA:  This is noted above in the OP.  

Good food is all I've heard about their items and fairly inexpensive as well.  +$300 worth of food with only $3 shipping.  TN taxes were far higher.

Their on-line store; you have to register in order to buy.  Note how all the food items are out of stock.    https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&beginIndex=0&urlRequestType=Ajax&categoryId=3074457345616678849&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=3074457345616676768

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put in an order through their on-line store on March 13.  At first, it said it was processing and would ship after Monday March 23.  Then all the items went to "discontinued" but the order itself still said "processing". I wrote them a short note asking them if it would be processed and I got a response back that said essentially:  "Maybe".

So the Lesson for the Day:  Call before you go to ensure they have something to buy.  The lady in her note stated they had a run on all their items and they had no idea when they would get food back into stock.

Secondly, they are only open to the public once or twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays for the Nashville/Hendersonville store IRC).  ETA:  This is noted above in the OP.  

Good food is all I've heard about their items and fairly inexpensive as well.  +$300 worth of food with only $3 shipping.  TN taxes were far higher.

Their on-line store; you have to register in order to buy.  Note how all the food items are out of stock.    https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&beginIndex=0&urlRequestType=Ajax&categoryId=3074457345616678849&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=3074457345616676768

View Quote

They take care of LDS first in all instances.  While the Bishops of the LDS called for ALL members to increase their stored food from a years supply to two years supply a number of years ago, not all LDS families made it to the full two years yet.  THEY take priority over us Gentiles.

Now if they have ANY powdered milk at all, they are the only one that have it.  That is a BIG staple every LDS family MUST have.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Who needs canned milk? I bought a bunch of it at a Y2K expo for the kids, and now they are all in their 20s & 30s. It’s probably still perfectly good but nobody around here needs it anymore. I have chocolate and regular. It’s been stored in cool, dry, dark conditions since purchase, and I’m tired of lugging it around when we move on April.

Anyone needs it and wants to do some trading? I’m a Native, we barter...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They take care of LDS first in all instances.  While the Bishops of the LDS called for ALL members to increase their stored food from a years supply to two years supply a number of years ago, not all LDS families made it to the full two years yet.  THEY take priority over us Gentiles.

Now if they have ANY powdered milk at all, they are the only one that have it.  That is a BIG staple every LDS family MUST have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well they should, IMO.  They're the members, we aren't; so I'm good with it.  Bad on me for poor planning and waiting so long.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who needs canned milk? I bought a bunch of it at a Y2K expo for the kids, and now they are all in their 20s & 30s. It’s probably still perfectly good but nobody around here needs it anymore. I have chocolate and regular. It’s been stored in cool, dry, dark conditions since purchase, and I’m tired of lugging it around when we move on April.

Anyone needs it and wants to do some trading? I’m a Native, we barter...
View Quote

John if it gets REALLY bad, your wife will need the regular milk to make bread.  I suppose you could use the chocolate to make some WEIRD bread though.  LOL  I know YOU like bread.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got an e-mail that two of my six items are now shipped and should arrive by Monday PM.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got an e-mail that two of my six items are now shipped and should arrive by Monday PM.  
View Quote

Nice!  I do wonder if they're going to even sell any more on their website. I hope so.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice!  I do wonder if they're going to even sell any more on their website. I hope so.
View Quote

Only 5/17 items currently:

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/usa/en/food-storage-3074457345616678849-1?pageView=grid&fromPage=catalogEntryList&beginIndex=0&pageSize=30
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top