Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 4:28:30 PM EDT
A buddy of mine notified me of some new changes to the gun trust requirements that i was not aware of.

I currently have a gun trust with several close friends and members of my family on it.

My trust was enacted for my SBR in 2015. I have not made any changes or additions to it all.

Now i am being told i need fingerprint cards, passport photos, notify the CLEO, and fill out form 5320 questionnaire for everyone listed in my trust.

So did i waste 200 bucks for the trust and another 200 for a tax stamp? Should i just destroy the SBR and close the trust because of the added hassle now?

anyone go through any of this?

If anyone knows of someone in the clarksville area or themselves that can give me a hand i would happily buy you lunch for your assistance....

regards
Eddie
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not bother unless there is some official communication from the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
These changes to the application process for trusts and corps was a huge thing, I'm surprised you missed hearing about it.

But you are getting worked up over nothing.  They changed the application process so the only way this will matter to you is if you decide to get another NFA item.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Head over to the NFA section in armory. There are several threads on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Or, remove all trustees except for yourself and worry no more.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope, only applies for new applications on the trust. You're still good, no action needed for existing stamps and previously approved items.

Deadline was 7/13/16 before new changes went into affect.

New applications would require fingerprints/ photos for every responsible person on the trust. Not beneficiaries.

My trust is an entity, with no identity, I intend to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or, remove all trustees except for yourself and worry no more.
View Quote
This. After your purchase and approval you can just add them back on to the trust. No, it doesn't make any sense, but that's the law, errr, the rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top